    compatible cartridges?

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Kenny Cargill

    Cheri Guest

    I bought the cheap ones called Compatible Cartridges that had been
    refilled. They didn't work either. I haven't bought them since and only
    buy the HP cartridges. They cost more, but in the long run they're much
    cheaper. :)

    --
    Cheri

    Kenny Cargill wrote in message ...
    >Used a JR branded refill kit to fill both cartridges on HP Deskjet

    840C.
    >Now at the start of a printed page it's OK but halfway down I start to

    get
    >fading and banding. Have done head cleaning and alignment a few times

    but
    >no difference. Should I bite the bullet and buy the proper HP

    cartridges or
    >is there a better brand of refill kit? Also opinions please on

    recycled or

    Cheri, Nov 30, 2003

  3. For my money you're wasting your time buying refill packages or refilled cartridges.

    I know that at the time refilling your own or buying refilled printer cartridges *seems* like a good idea, but think for a
    moment how the genuine items are made. They are manufactured in a sterile, dust and particulate free environment with
    filtered ink so no dust or other impurities can be present in the cartridge.
    The print head itself has microscopic capillaries which draw the ink into it and even dust on a microscopic level looks like
    rocks which clog up the capillaries and stop the ink flow. That's where you are getting your fading and banding from,
    insufficient ink being supplied to the head.

    I worked for a small charitable organisation a while back and at my uninformed recommendation they were more than happy to
    buy refilled cartridges for the Epsom printer to save a few bux.
    At the refill shop I watched them draw the ink from large plastic bottes of ink using an old syringe that had been used for
    dozens of other things before that. It sure didn't take long until we had never-ending problems with fading, banding, etc
    that no amount of head cleaning would fix.
    I even had the printer sent out to be checked and serviced because I thought that was the problem. They asked if I used
    refilled ink cartridges and suggested that they were the cause of the problem. I changed back to the genuine replacement
    parts and we never did have a problem again. Lesson learned!

    On my own home printer I only buy and use genuine cartridges because in the long run what you might be saving in a few $$ by
    purchasing refilled cartridges you lose many times over in wasted paper, trouble, and unnecessary stress you cause for
    yourself.

    A little friendly advice from my experience.

    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi

    Mike the Kiwi, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Kenny Cargill

    Wizard Guest

    I agree completely!

    Wizard, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Kenny Cargill

    anna keynow Guest

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:11:22 -0000, "Kenny Cargill" <>
    wrote:

    >Used a JR branded refill kit to fill both cartridges on HP Deskjet 840C.
    >Now at the start of a printed page it's OK but halfway down I start to get
    >fading and banding. Have done head cleaning and alignment a few times but
    >no difference. Should I bite the bullet and buy the proper HP cartridges or
    >is there a better brand of refill kit? Also opinions please on recycled or
    >compatible cartridges?

    I own a "bottom of the heap" epson 480. After the warranty date had
    expired, I chose to refill my cartridges or replace with non-epson
    product.
    What I've found is that the first refill works well but, the second or
    third refill seems to result in uneven printing and occasional
    'banding'.
    Generic cartridges have worked well although they're more expensive
    than refill kits.
    If I owned an expensive printer and/or the quality of prints was of
    serious importance then I may revise this approach.
    -+Anna+-

    anna keynow, Dec 3, 2003