    thanks

    Rick
    www.rickschiller.com

    Rick, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Rick

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 13:19:48 -0600, (Rick)
    wrote:

    >Are there news groups dedicated to discussing photo printers only or is this
    >the best place?

    Yahoo---various groups, including Epson Printers, and inkjet fine art

    Photo.net---digital darkroom forum

    >And is anyone using the Canon i950 or i960 for Black & White printing? How
    >sharp and continuous grain are the images? And do the prints still appear
    >green or an actual true grayscale?

    conventional wisdom says 6-color is not good for B&W. The printer has
    to mix colors to get gray, and people report getting color casts.

    Epson 2200 and the new HPs add a seventh color (gray), and people
    report good results.

    The BEST for B&W is "Qaud-tone", "Hex-tone", "reduced gamut" and
    various other monikers. The common idea is putting gray inks into the
    color positions.

    A good way to start learning more is to rummage around at any of the
    following (Google for the URL):

    MIS---AKA inksupply
    Mediastreet
    Lyson
    InkJet Art
    Colorbat
    Peizography

    >thanks
    >
    >Rick
    >www.rickschiller.com

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Rick

    philipp Guest

    Go here: http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

    and check out the HP 7960

    philipp, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Rick

    wrote:

    >Are there news groups dedicated to discussing photo printers only or is this
    >the best place?
    >
    >And is anyone using the Canon i950 or i960 for Black & White printing? How
    >sharp and continuous grain are the images? And do the prints still appear
    >green or an actual true grayscale?
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Rick
    >www.rickschiller.com

    comp.periphs.printers for a newsgroup. Quite active.
    I've had very good results on an i9100, which has much in common with
    its smaller brothers, using Ilford Galerie paper. The pearl range. No
    cast at all.

    MJ

    , Feb 2, 2004