Ink levels

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve, Feb 20, 2008.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:

    In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
    printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
    to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
    compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
    ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.

    Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
    check ink levels...

    --

    Even he, to whom most things that most people
    would think were pretty smart were pretty dumb,

    ....Douglas Adams

    Steve, Feb 20, 2008

  2. Steve

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <>, Steve
    <> wrote:

    > Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:
    >
    > In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
    > printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
    > to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
    > compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
    > ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.
    >

    > Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
    > check ink levels...

    Sounds like the tech needs a course in English and grammar. I'd avoid
    Vista like the plague.

    Mr. Strat, Feb 20, 2008

  3. Steve

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Steve
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:
    >>
    >> In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
    >> printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
    >> to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
    >> compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
    >> ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.
    >>

    >> Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
    >> check ink levels...

    > Sounds like the tech needs a course in English and grammar. I'd avoid
    > Vista like the plague.

    Amen! I have Vista and I'd like very much to go back to XP. I converted
    because my laptop came with it. TOO LATE!! There are some programs and a
    printer that I had to scrap.

    Ed Mullikin, Feb 20, 2008
  4. ? "Ed Mullikin" <> ?????? ??? ??????

    > "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>, Steve
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:
    > >>
    > >> In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
    > >> printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
    > >> to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
    > >> compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
    > >> ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.
    > >>

    > >> Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
    > >> check ink levels...

    > > Sounds like the tech needs a course in English and grammar. I'd avoid
    > > Vista like the plague.

    > Amen! I have Vista and I'd like very much to go back to XP. I converted
    > because my laptop came with it. TOO LATE!! There are some programs and a
    > printer that I had to scrap.

    The same here too, my mother's laptop came with vista. The previous printer,
    a lexmark z605, was useless, despite downloading vista drivers. It was 5
    years old, anyway. It's going to our holiday house, with the 1.8 GHz
    celeron, for the german "guests".... (New printer is HP 2460).[FWIW, we rent
    our holiday house, mostly to germans]

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering