    only have to pick up a newspaper and your hands are pot-black, and if your
    anything like me you probably rub your brow/chin etc, while you read. I'm
    like Al Jolson when I put the paper down.
    Scottie, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Scottie

    Miggsee Guest

    Complain to your paper. There are inks that do not rub off.....my local
    paper uses them.

    Miggsee, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Scottie

    Tim Guest

    Scottie wrote:
    > Why don't they use the same ink for newspapers that they do for
    > books? You only have to pick up a newspaper and your hands are
    > pot-black, and if your anything like me you probably rub your
    > brow/chin etc, while you read. I'm like Al Jolson when I put the
    > paper down.

    I find that after the butler irons it, the ink doesn't rub off on his
    gloves while he's reading it to me.
    Tim, Jan 18, 2004
  4. It was on Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:46:45 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Scottie wrote:

    > Why don't they use the same ink for newspapers that they do for books? You
    > only have to pick up a newspaper and your hands are pot-black, and if your
    > anything like me you probably rub your brow/chin etc, while you read. I'm
    > like Al Jolson when I put the paper down.

    Then it's a good job you don't use it to wipe your a...erm.....moving
    right along...

    --
    Registered Linux user: 305646 - http://counter.li.org/
    SuSE Linux Pro 9.0
    William Poaster, Jan 18, 2004
  5. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    Can you imaging the cost of publishing a book several times
    per day?

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:46:45 -0000, in
    <L4wOb.5819$>
    Scottie scrawled:

    >Why don't they use the same ink for newspapers that they do for books? You
    >only have to pick up a newspaper and your hands are pot-black, and if your
    >anything like me you probably rub your brow/chin etc, while you read. I'm
    >like Al Jolson when I put the paper down.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004
  6. On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:46:45 -0000, "Scottie"
    <> wrote:

    >Why don't they use the same ink for newspapers that they do for books? You
    >only have to pick up a newspaper and your hands are pot-black, and if your
    >anything like me you probably rub your brow/chin etc, while you read. I'm
    >like Al Jolson when I put the paper down.

    Uh, it's cheap?
    David A. Seiver, Jan 18, 2004
  7. Scottie

    Stickems Guest