Ink Cartridge Suppliers

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 8, 2009.

  1. I was trying to get some replacement ink cartridges for my Epson R800
    recently. I went to Warehouse Stationery, had a hunt round their
    displays, and couldn't find the right ones. Talked to a sales guy, who said
    he could order them in. I had the exact numbers of the
    cartridges handy, but he couldn't be bothered writing them down: he just
    took the printer model number, and added abbreviations like
    "C" for cyan, "Y" for yellow etc. I think he put down "PB" for "photo
    black".

    Waited for a call--nothing. Called them a few days later, they said that the
    person who took care of orders, Glenda, wasn't there, but they'd take a note
    and have her call me the next day. I called the next day and asked for her,
    she said she couldn't remember my order, took my details and said she'd call
    back.

    I checked one or two other places, including Cartridge World, but none had
    the cartridges in stock. Found an online place, printerfuel.co.nz--yup, they
    have the right cartridges listed. Placed an order, got a confirmation.

    Then a few hours later came back an e-mail from Paymate, their payment
    service, saying my card transaction had been declined, and to
    contact my bank. Did so, but they had no record of any likely transaction
    attempt. Eh?!?

    Tell Paymate and Printerfuel this. All they say in reply is "try again". Do
    so on the Tuesday, get confirmation e-mails, no sign of rejection this time.

    Printerfuel's website says they endeavour to ship the next business day if
    the order is received before 1pm. Wait until Friday--still no sign of the
    order. Send them an e-mail. Get a reply saying to let them know if it hasn't
    arrived by Monday.

    Except before I get the reply, a courier has turned up on my doorstep with
    the cartridges.

    So all ends well. I wonder if I should call Warehouse Stationery and give
    them a piece of my mind for their uselessness...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 8, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Woger Guest

    Woger, Jul 8, 2009

  3. In article <1iawmx3ggab6b$>, Bret <> wrote:
    (snip)

    As an aside, inkpost are worth a try.

    >> So all ends well. I wonder if I should call Warehouse Stationery and give
    >> them a piece of my mind for their uselessness...

    Just don't bother to go back. They are on my 'not worth the bother' list
    along with repco. :)

    >No, keep it.

    Agreed. They don't listen anyway. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 9, 2009
  4. In message <>, Woger wrote:

    > Try this Chap very very cheap, I get set of 6 Inks for $28.

    Refills or originals? Should I even trust a recommendation from someone who
    won't give his real name?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 9, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    .@. Guest

    On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 13:11:16 +1200, Bret wrote:

    > On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 23:06:11 GMT, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >> In article <1iawmx3ggab6b$>, Bret <> wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>
    >> As an aside, inkpost are worth a try.

    >> Just don't bother to go back. They are on my 'not worth the bother' list
    >> along with repco. :)

    > What's the beef with Repco?
    > Do you have an Appco near you?
    >
    >>>No, keep it.

    >> Agreed. They don't listen anyway. :)

    > And you might need it later :)

    Later be buggered: he needs it NOW!

    .@., Jul 9, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Woger Guest

    On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:52:03 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In message <>, Woger wrote:
    >
    >> Try this Chap very very cheap, I get set of 6 Inks for $28.

    >Refills or originals? Should I even trust a recommendation from someone who
    >won't give his real name?

    No US ones..

    Woger, Jul 9, 2009
  7. In article <1mimpgmm7x27z$>, Bret <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 23:06:11 GMT, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <1iawmx3ggab6b$>, Bret <>

    > wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>
    >> As an aside, inkpost are worth a try.

    >> Just don't bother to go back. They are on my 'not worth the bother' list
    >> along with repco. :)

    >What's the beef with Repco?
    >Do you have an Appco near you?

    Since you ask, they don't have what they advertise. 3 times I've been in to
    get something they advertised. 3 times they haven't had it, knew nothing
    about it, and didn't care enough to even ask 'would you like me to order it
    for you ?'. I can do without that ... completely. I guess I should have
    learned after number 2. :)

    Never heard of appco ... but we do have a very useful 'super cheap auto' :)

    >>>No, keep it.

    >> Agreed. They don't listen anyway. :)

    >And you might need it later :)

    Quite. :) There are so many obvious and deserving cases that so desperately
    need it :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 9, 2009
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 23:06:11 GMT, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >> In article <1iawmx3ggab6b$>, Bret <> wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>
    >> As an aside, inkpost are worth a try.

    >> Just don't bother to go back. They are on my 'not worth the bother' list
    >> along with repco. :)

    > What's the beef with Repco?
    > Do you have an Appco near you?

    You do realise that Appco is essentially the same company? Its a bit
    like storming out of Bond & Bond and heading across the road to Noel
    Leeming. Either way the same parent company ends up with your $$$.

    Squiggle, Jul 9, 2009
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Ron McNulty Guest

    The problem is simple Lawrence. These people read this NG, and seeing
    your opinions are always black and white (with a touch of Penguin
    blue), they have cancelled your order for other colours...

    Well maybe... :)

    regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Jul 9, 2009