    TIA for any help!

    Olivier

    , Nov 24, 2005

  2. datakazam Guest

    Oliver if you want to send a route from the eigrp router to the core
    router, you may want to look at using the distribute-list command under
    your eigrp process. ex..distribute-list 1 out e0 .
    then create acl 1 to match the route you want to distribute to the
    router connected to e0, that is your eigrp neighbor.

    datakazam, Nov 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Unfortunately in my case, the thing I need to do is inject a default
    route without haveing a default route being redistribute (by
    redistribution of whatever or by a connected neighbor with a
    distribution list filtering only the default path). I'm having a
    symmetric routing issue in which there are transparent firewalls into
    play and the traffic needs to be routed symmetrically for my TCP
    sessions to come up and other inspection to occur properly....

    , Nov 24, 2005
  4. Hansang Bae Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm having a very particular issue in which I need to inject a default
    > route from a router running EIGRP but this router must NOT have a
    > static default route configured. I tried using the "ip
    > default-network" from remote routers targetting for example a
    > loopback of my core router (which needs to distribute the default
    > route) with no luck. Any suggestions? Some kind of
    > "default-information originate always" à-la OSPF style.

    Where did you use "ip default-network"? On the router where you need
    to inject a 0/0 route?

    > Perhaps I will try and use a kind of "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 null0
    > 250" command that would have an command with a redistribute static...

    I thought you couldn't use a static route?

    > In my particular case, I can allow myself to use the interface command
    > "ip summary-address eigrp 100 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0" but the problem is that
    > it generates a null0 route with an admin cost of 0, being prioritary
    > over everythig else... Am I missing something?

    I'm having a hard time following this. The summary address will
    generate a default route to the far side. Are you saying this is
    causing you grief? Perhaps a quick ascii diagram would help?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Nov 25, 2005
  5. thrill5 Guest

    When sending a default summary-route you must use set the admin distance to
    a big number The admin distance MUST be 250 or greater. Our rule is that
    default summaries get 255 admin distance and all other summaries use a 200
    admin distance..

    "ip summary-address eigrp 100 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255"

    Scott

    <> wrote in message
    Hi everyone!

    thrill5, Nov 26, 2005
  6. James Harris Guest

    <> wrote in message
    Hi everyone!

    >I'm having a very particular issue in which I need to inject a default
    >route from a router running EIGRP but this router must NOT have a
    >static default route configured. I tried using the "ip default-network"
    >from remote routers targetting for example a loopback of my core router
    >(which needs to distribute the default route) with no luck. Any
    >suggestions? Some kind of "default-information originate always" à-la
    >OSPF style.
    >
    >Perhaps I will try and use a kind of "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 null0
    >250" command that would have an command with a redistribute static...
    >In my particular case, I can allow myself to use the interface command
    >"ip summary-address eigrp 100 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0" but the problem is that
    >it generates a null0 route with an admin cost of 0, being prioritary
    >over everythig else... Am I missing something?

    As someone else said an ascii-art sketch would be useful. Even naming
    the routers would be of help.

    Maybe you have something like this:

    RouterA ----- CoreRouter ----- RouterB

    If you need to propagate a default route from RouterA toward the core
    but for RouterA to not have a default route configured:

    hostname RouterA
    interface facing CoreRoter
    ip summary-address eigrp 100 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

    This will ONLY be propagated toward the core and not to any other
    interface on RouterA. Ref.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer...te_paper09186a0080094cb7.shtml#defaultrouting.

    HTH,
    James