Initio Scsi Card in 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by mickie, Jul 9, 2005.

  1. mickie

    mickie Guest

    I am running a HP Scanjet 5 through an Initio SCSI card in my 32 bit OS and
    this now is the only peice of hardware that I need to connect to finally
    move over to 64bit permanently.

    Why do I connect with a SCSI card, you ask, well the HP Scanjet only had
    driver support up to Windows 98 so when I upgraded to XP many years ago I
    had to buy a XP recognised SCSI connected through a standard PCI slot. The
    Scanner is over 10yrs old but is quick and never faltered, So I am no very
    willing to just throw it on the scrap heap.

    I fear that I may have to go to a USB scanner assuming that their are 64bit
    recognised drivers available or possibly some one has a work around......ie
    I have just got my Epson Stylus C82 printer working with the 64 bit C84
    drivers.

    Any Help or Ideas would be appreciated.

    regards

    Mickie

    mickie, Jul 9, 2005

  2. mickie

    Mercury Guest

    Odd, I ended up with several initio scsi's for tape drives and scanners.
    They were the most reliable and least cost too which was a real bonus.

    I suggest you check out initio & the chipset manufacturer (Initio?). I
    wouldn't bet on it as scsi has died for devices such as these...

    Mercury, Jul 10, 2005