    Any ideas or advice on where to look for info would be appreciated.

    Cheers

    Mark

    MarkH, Dec 8, 2005

  2. MarkH

    Jono Guest

    MarkH wrote:
    || Hi,
    || I wonder if what I want to do is possible - I'm guessing that either
    || asterix or particular phones may be able to help.
    || I want my application to initiate a call from a particular phone. What
    || I'd like is, say, my app to send number to phone (where it could be
    || displayed on an LCD display) and the call initiated when the user picks
    || up the handset (or perhaps triggers by pressing a button).
    || Alternatively I wonder whether the application could send a message to
    || an asterix server and achieve a similar effect?
    || Any ideas or advice on where to look for info would be appreciated.
    || Cheers
    || Mark

    A web application?

    An alarm?

    What do you want to achieve?

    I've got a web based phone book. I can click on a contact's name. My
    extension of choice rings. Then the contact's number is dialled.

    Jono, Dec 8, 2005

  3. MarkH

    MarkH Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > MarkH wrote:
    > || Hi,
    > || I want my application to initiate a call from a particular phone. What
    > || I'd like is, say, my app to send number to phone (where it could be
    > || displayed on an LCD display) and the call initiated when the user picks
    > || up the handset (or perhaps triggers by pressing a button).
    > || Alternatively I wonder whether the application could send a message to
    > || an asterix server and achieve a similar effect?
    >
    > What do you want to achieve?
    >
    > I've got a web based phone book. I can click on a contact's name. My
    > extension of choice rings. Then the contact's number is dialled.

    I need to do something very similar to what you have, except the app
    would be a WIN32 PC app. So, it sounds like I need to read up on
    asterix and protocols for issuing commands to it.

    Mark

    MarkH, Dec 9, 2005
  4. MarkH

    Ian Guest

    "MarkH" <> wrote in message

    > Jono wrote:

    What

    picks

    > > What do you want to achieve?
    > >
    > > I've got a web based phone book. I can click on a contact's name. My
    > > extension of choice rings. Then the contact's number is dialled.

    > I need to do something very similar to what you have, except the app
    > would be a WIN32 PC app. So, it sounds like I need to read up on
    > asterix and protocols for issuing commands to it.

    Hi as long as the app is tapi compliant then astapi will do it or the
    manager api.

    Ian

    Ian, Dec 10, 2005
  5. MarkH

    MarkH Guest

    Ian wrote:
    > "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jono wrote:

    > What

    > Hi as long as the app is tapi compliant then astapi will do it or the
    > manager api.

    Excellent - thanks.

    Mark

    MarkH, Dec 14, 2005