    newsgroups?
    Thank you,
    Seamus J. Wilson
    Sligo, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Sligo

    °Mike° Guest

    You could set up a rule in your firewall to block NNTP access,
    and set a password on your firewall.

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 07:54:36 -0800, in
    <yaNVb.36153$fD.11117@fed1read02>
    Sligo scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Sligo

    none Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > You could set up a rule in your firewall to block NNTP access,
    > and set a password on your firewall.
    >

    > On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 07:54:36 -0800, in
    > <yaNVb.36153$fD.11117@fed1read02>
    > Sligo scrawled:
    >
    > >I use XP pro and OE. Is there method to prevent access to any of the
    > >newsgroups?
    > >Thank you,
    > >Seamus J. Wilson
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Hrm that would block access to ALL newsgroups. The OP wants to prevent
    access to ANY ng. He was a little unclear.

    OP: if you meant you want to give access to some ngs but not all, then set
    up a news server and point OE to it. It's not hard to do. I believe
    Leafnode works on Windows.
    none, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Sligo

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:00:05 GMT, in
    <>
    none scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> You could set up a rule in your firewall to block NNTP access,
    >> and set a password on your firewall.

    <snip>

    >Hrm that would block access to ALL newsgroups. The OP wants to prevent
    >access to ANY ng. He was a little unclear.

    I read ANY as "every" or "all, without specification".

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 10, 2004