infrared?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?cGhpbA==?=, Sep 12, 2004.

  1. Anyone able to tell me how you enable infrared on in windows XP. Got new
    nokia 6230 and want to use infrared to download photos. Any help appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?cGhpbA==?=, Sep 12, 2004

  2. First, enable the infrared port in the BIOS (it's usually off to conserve
    battery). XP should detect its presence. After that, just send from the
    phone and put your phone's infrared port next to your computer's. If
    everything works properly, XP should detect that there is an incoming file.

    I think that Nokia also has software for moving files to and from the phone.

    -Yves

    Yves Konigshofer, Sep 12, 2004

  3. where can i find my infared port on my computer? I don't know where it is

    =?Utf-8?B?ZG5raG9va2Vy?=, Jan 30, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cGhpbA==?=

    Lem Guest

    dnkhooker wrote:
    > where can i find my infared port on my computer? I don't know where it is
    >
    > "Yves Konigshofer" wrote:
    >
    >> First, enable the infrared port in the BIOS (it's usually off to conserve
    >> battery). XP should detect its presence. After that, just send from the
    >> phone and put your phone's infrared port next to your computer's. If
    >> everything works properly, XP should detect that there is an incoming file.
    >>
    >> I think that Nokia also has software for moving files to and from the phone.
    >>
    >> -Yves
    >>
    >> "phil" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone able to tell me how you enable infrared on in windows XP. Got new
    >>> nokia 6230 and want to use infrared to download photos. Any help
    >>> appreciated.

    It's usually behind a very dark red, almost black, plastic window. If
    you still can't find it, go to the website of your computer manufacturer
    and look for the User Guide for your model.

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Jan 30, 2007