    However, I am planning to purchase a D70 soon and was wondering if any
    uses have any experience with IR photographs using the D70?

    Tony

    NightStar, May 14, 2004

  2. NightStar

    Lung Fish Guest

    Lung Fish, May 14, 2004

  3. NightStar

    B.A.S. Guest

    NightStar wrote:
    > After buying my Nikon F65 and finding out that IR photography was a
    > no-no (Blast Nikon!) I have been cheesed off ever since.
    >
    > However, I am planning to purchase a D70 soon and was wondering if any
    > uses have any experience with IR photographs using the D70?
    >
    > Tony

    Some folks have been doing IR with the D70, and the results are decent
    in my opinion. I will be doing so myself as soon as I get my D70 back
    from Nikon for autofocus calibration.

    Check out:

    http://www.naturfotograf.com/D70_rev05IR.html

    and do a search on "Infrared" on:

    B.A.S., May 14, 2004
  4. NightStar

    Guest

    , May 14, 2004
  5. NightStar

    NightStar Guest

    On 14 May 2004 10:34:50 -0700, wrote:

    >NightStar <> wrote:
    >
    >> However, I am planning to purchase a D70 soon and was wondering if any
    >> uses have any experience with IR photographs using the D70?

    >It is better than the Canon 10D:
    >
    >http://astrosurf.com/buil/d70v10d/eval.htm
    >
    >But really, attemping to take IR images with a sensor designed for
    >visual use is like using Fuji Provia to collect IR images. You would
    >do better to just get one of these:
    >
    >http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/canon/index.htm

    Thanks for all the comments - I doubt I'll get a modified camera as it
    wont just be IR photography I'm after, but it's something I've always
    wanted to do... I'll have a look at the other links. Cheers.

    Tony.

    NightStar, May 15, 2004