    to square one with the root cause of my Angina Pectoris but my good heart
    didn't have anything to do with that (stress maybe?). Will take a few days
    off here in Buenos Aires and breath some air in the open.

    Carlos, Dec 4, 2007

  2. Overall, sounds like good news. So, less stress. More exercise. And, as you
    say, breath. :)

    Glad to see you back. It's been quiet all weekend...

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 4, 2007

  3. Carlos

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Carlos.

    Welcome back! I'm glad to hear the good news.

    And Buenos Aires DOES mean "good air", doesn't it?

    Breathe deeply! ;<)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 4, 2007
  4. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Yeah, you got right the meaning.
    Fact is that where I live down there in Rio Grande the air is the purest in
    the world but the (bad and cold) weather doesn't allow you to be outdoors so
    often.
    Here in Buenos Aires I can be outdoors and enjoy pure smog!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 4, 2007
  5. Carlos

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Carlos.

    When I lived near Los Angeles, I often heard, "How can you breathe air that
    you cannot even see?" ;^}

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 4, 2007
  6. The weather down there is awful. But you're into summer, it should be a bit
    more tolerable.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2007
  7. I _so_ don't miss that! Up here in beautiful BC, there's just more OXYGEN in
    the air!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2007
  8. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    Wind is the keyword in Rio Grande, which happens to be the 2nd most windy
    city in the Patagonia.
    We happen to have those (scarce) days with 15 to 20 degrees C and (almost)
    no wind.
    That's when we enjoy it.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 5, 2007
  9. Yeah, I remember the wind in Ushuaia. It was fierce. 15-20, no rain, and
    little wind? Those don't happen often enough, but they're way too good to
    waste indoors!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2007
  10. On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:08:00 -0800, Carlos
    <> wrote:
    >Infrarecorder is a lightweight freeware cd/dvd burning software.
    >A newer version was released yesterday.
    >http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/
    >x64 specific version download link:
    >http://downloads.sourceforge.net/infrarecorder/ir0441_x64.zip?download
    >(just 3 megs)
    >
    >Carlos
    >P.S.: Yes, I am back. A little dizzy but fortunately the doctors didn't find
    >any clogging in my heart system piping and no stent was necessary. I am back
    >to square one with the root cause of my Angina Pectoris but my good heart
    >didn't have anything to do with that (stress maybe?). Will take a few days
    >off here in Buenos Aires and breath some air in the open.

    Thanks for the tip, Carlos. I've installed InfraRecorder on Vista
    x64, and it works fine, provided that I run it as Administrator. If I
    don't run it as Administrator, it can't access my DVD burner. Do you
    see the same behavior?

    That's good news on the medical tests!
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Steve Winograd, Dec 9, 2007
  11. Carlos

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Steve.

    I don't do much DVD burning (except for Vista beta builds <g> ), but I made
    my first movie disk yesterday. I used Media Center to record a performance
    from over-the-air TV, using my Hauppauge ATSC tuner card, then used Windows
    Movie Maker to delete the commercials and trim the beginning and ending.
    When that was finished, I told it Publish a DVD; it switched me to Windows
    DVD Maker. Later, I used LightScribe software to label the completed DVD.
    I have two DVD burners, a Pioneer and an LG; I used the LG (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
    GSA-H10L ATA Device) because it is LightScribe capable.

    In spite of my decidedly amateur status, the project turned out well and I
    can play my new DVD on the family TV, using the $37 DVD player that I got at
    Wal*Mart last year. ;<)

    All the software (except LightScribe) that I used is included in Vista
    Ultimate, and I am using the x64 version.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 10, 2007
  12. On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:28:19 -0600, "R. C. White" <>
    wrote:
    >>>Infrarecorder is a lightweight freeware cd/dvd burning software.
    >>>A newer version was released yesterday.
    >>>http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/
    >>>x64 specific version download link:
    >>>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/infrarecorder/ir0441_x64.zip?download
    >>>(just 3 megs) [snip]

    >>Thanks for the tip, Carlos. I've installed InfraRecorder on Vista
    >>x64, and it works fine, provided that I run it as Administrator. If I
    >>don't run it as Administrator, it can't access my DVD burner. Do you
    >>see the same behavior? [snip]

    >Hi, Steve.
    >
    >I don't do much DVD burning (except for Vista beta builds <g> ), but I made
    >my first movie disk yesterday. I used Media Center to record a performance
    >from over-the-air TV, using my Hauppauge ATSC tuner card, then used Windows
    >Movie Maker to delete the commercials and trim the beginning and ending.
    >When that was finished, I told it Publish a DVD; it switched me to Windows
    >DVD Maker. Later, I used LightScribe software to label the completed DVD.
    >I have two DVD burners, a Pioneer and an LG; I used the LG (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
    >GSA-H10L ATA Device) because it is LightScribe capable.
    >
    >In spite of my decidedly amateur status, the project turned out well and I
    >can play my new DVD on the family TV, using the $37 DVD player that I got at
    >Wal*Mart last year. ;<)
    >
    >All the software (except LightScribe) that I used is included in Vista
    >Ultimate, and I am using the x64 version.
    >
    >RC

    Hi, RC. I have a Hauppauge tuner card, too, and I've burned DVDs of
    recorded TV from Media Center. I hadn't thought about using Movie
    Maker for editing. Thanks for the tip!

    Steve Winograd, Dec 10, 2007