    using the card with their x64 driver.

    Many thanks.
    Mark
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Sep 16, 2006

  2. So, how much RAM do you really have? I'm not sure what help and support
    means by that, btw. Best to ask over in one of the Vista specific groups.

    On the video card issue: If you use an unsigned x64 driver, it will fail. It
    will do bad things. It will not be happy. Small issues? If they won't sign
    their driver, they have more than small issues.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 17, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

    DP Guest

    > So, how much RAM do you really have? I'm not sure what help and support
    > means by that, btw. Best to ask over in one of the Vista specific groups.

    He says he has 8GB.

    > On the video card issue: If you use an unsigned x64 driver, it will fail.
    > It will do bad things. It will not be happy. Small issues? If they won't
    > sign their driver, they have more than small issues.

    How do you conclude he has Vista? I assumed he was talking about x64.

    I tried the Help and Support center on my XP x64 machine and couldn't
    replicate the inaccuracy. It's reading my 2 GB of memory just fine.

    A question for the OP: Does your machine ACT like it has only 512 MB of
    RAM?
    Or is it zipping along fine?

    Have you tried Memtest?

    DP, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Yes it is XP x64 and I have 8GB of RAM and it has seen over 40 hours of
    testing per DIMM using memtest and others.... by myself and a workstation
    diagnostics company. RAM tested fine.

    As to zipping along fine.....no it never has... lock-ups only...any other
    graphical problems have been explained, but I have decided to put it down to
    the bad DirectX support the graphics card has. I managed to get 3DLabs to
    re-test my own card with my motherboard in their compatibility department,
    they said it was fine apart the few points I have been making since last
    Sept. which are now considered to be KNOWN issues with x64, but they could
    not give me a reason for the lock-ups.

    But none of this explains the RAM question, it is PC3200 DDR400 EEC REG RAM
    which I am running at 333MHz as the MB producer told me I cannot run my RAM
    at 400MHz if I am using over 4GB. Only took them a year to inform me of that
    little gem of information!

    What I do not understand is why in the detailed information in Help and
    Support for the RAM, is very different information.

    My BIOS setttings are correct, is there something I need to change in x64?

    Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Sep 17, 2006