    http://www.itanz.org.nz/

    Is this outfit for real, or is it bogus?

    (or maybe they got accused of infringing copyright?)

    Peter, Jan 17, 2009

  2. Peter

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-01-17, Peter <> wrote:

    > You'd think a technology industry outfit like this would have a really
    > impressive website ...
    > http://www.itanz.org.nz/

    Tell us why you think it is not imprerssive. You have just one posting

    Gordon, Jan 18, 2009

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2009-01-17, Peter <> wrote:
    >> You'd think a technology industry outfit like this would have a really
    >> impressive website ...
    >> http://www.itanz.org.nz/
    >>

    > Tell us why you think it is not imprerssive. You have just one posting

    Did you even visit that site?
    It has a message from the http server that the site "does note have
    a default page" and "if you are the web site administrator ...".
    If the site is being built, or is down for maintenance, there should be
    a simple page saying so, giving some indication of when it will be
    running and where you can get info in the meantime. Even teenage
    web masters know how to do this.

    Hence my question, is this outfit for real, or is it bogus?

    Lack of response here indicates that maybe no one else knows of
    them either.

    Peter

    Peter, Jan 18, 2009
  4. In message <49725d0a$>, Peter wrote:

    > You'd think a technology industry outfit like this would have a really
    > impressive website ...
    >
    > http://www.itanz.org.nz/

    Interesting. I tried adding "index.php", "index.html" etc to the URL, and
    got 404-message pages mentioning Microsoft IIS.

    > Is this outfit for real, or is it bogus?

    Well, if they're running IIS ... :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 19, 2009
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> Is this outfit for real, or is it bogus?

    > Well, if they're running IIS ... :)

    Hey - that's discrimination !

    LOL

    Peter, Jan 19, 2009
  6. Peter

    SuperID Guest

    Slightly different error on http://www.itanz.org.nz/default.aspx

    Too much like IIS and hence bogus :p *puts on flame suit*

    SuperID, Jan 19, 2009
  7. Peter

    Enkidu Guest

    Have you thought about emailing them? It's easy enough to find out their
    email address. A similar thing happened to one of my sites through a
    minor misconfiguration. They may not know that it is showing an error page.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Linux is theft.

    Enkidu, Jan 19, 2009
  8. Peter

    Richard Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > Have you thought about emailing them? It's easy enough to find out their
    > email address. A similar thing happened to one of my sites through a
    > minor misconfiguration. They may not know that it is showing an error page.

    That would also show gross incompetence since URL monitoring is a fairly
    affordable and common service available for quite a long time.

    Richard, Jan 19, 2009
  9. Peter

    Jack Spratt Guest

    Jack Spratt, Mar 7, 2009