    systems security". Do you know if there's a canonical one in an RFC
    or something like that or a special resource I need to search ?

    Thanks

    Arthur, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Arthur

    toro Guest

    Arthur wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I looking for a reliable definition of "information system" and
    > "information systems security". Do you know if there's a canonical one in
    > an RFC or something like that or a special resource I need to search ?
    >
    > Thanks

    INFORMATION SYSTEMS (IS) - Computer Security Act of 1987

    Any equipment or interconnected system or subsystems of equipment that is
    used in the automatic acquisition, storage, manipulation, management,
    movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, or
    reception of data or information.

    INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY (INFOSEC) - NSTISSI 4009

    Protection of information systems against unauthorized access to or
    modification of information, whether in storage, processing or transit, and
    against the denial of service to authorized users, including those measures
    necessary to detect, document, and counter such threats.

    HTH :)

    \___fwtis AT cha /__ / ACK and thou_______/
    \______DOT forthnet / / shall receive_____/
    \____DOT gr /_/ RLU#306453______/