    Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    MD.
    M.D., Jan 5, 2004

  2. M.D.

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "M.D." <> wrote in
    news:FomKb.1824$:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for some recommendations on a book to get started on
    > Information Security, which ultimately will allow me to take one of
    > the certifications available (CISSP or SSCP). I am considering either:
    >
    > 1) Information Security Management Handbook (5th Edition - CD-ROM),
    > or 2) CISSP All-In-One and The CISSP Prep Guide Gold Edition.
    >
    > So my question is which option between the two above are the best for
    > a beginners level ?
    >
    > Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > MD.

    I have seen posts that the All-In-One 2nd edition is the best book
    around. But have not read it, so can't comment from experience.

    BUT take note, ISC2 have just released their "official" book on the CISSP
    exam. so that might change.

    http://www.asestores.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?
    Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ISC-AU1707&Category_Code=ISC-
    BOOKS&Store_Code=ISC2

    https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/request_studyguide.cgi

    i don't work for ICS2, so it's not that i am pushing their product, but
    from some reading on the web, some people recommend you go to the source
    of the exam for exam prep materials. i just saw it today in the
    bookstore. it's retailing for ~$110 canadian. i had a quick browse
    through the book. it's smaller in size than the all-in-one, but may have
    just as many pages. the type also seems much smaller. also, the page
    layout looks much more like one of those "in-depth" technical manuals
    than any "exam prep" book i have seen in the past. just my "subjective"
    observation.

    good luck. and don't forget to visit http://www.cccure.org/. a great site
    for cissp's.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 6, 2004

  3. M.D.

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    M.D. wisely said the following on 05/01/2004 23:26:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for some recommendations on a book to get started on

    Information
    > Security, which ultimately will allow me to take one of the

    certifications
    > available (CISSP or SSCP). I am considering either:
    >
    > 1) Information Security Management Handbook (5th Edition - CD-ROM), or
    > 2) CISSP All-In-One and The CISSP Prep Guide Gold Edition.
    >
    > So my question is which option between the two above are the best for a
    > beginners level ?
    >
    > Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > MD.

    If you are a beginner you won't be taking CISSP as you need 3/4 years of
    proven industry experience..

    Loads of info here on CISSP
    http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6422

    If you want some general Infosec books check at
    http://reviews.security-forums.com

    ST

    --
    Get your Geek Goodies!
    http://shop.security-forums.com

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.

    Share your knowledge
    It's a way to achieve
    Immortality.
    Lord Shaolin, Jan 6, 2004
  4. M.D.

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Lord Shaolin <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in news:vvl1klt8qed982
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > M.D. wisely said the following on 05/01/2004 23:26:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm looking for some recommendations on a book to get started on

    > Information
    > > Security, which ultimately will allow me to take one of the

    > certifications
    > > available (CISSP or SSCP). I am considering either:
    > >
    > > 1) Information Security Management Handbook (5th Edition - CD-ROM),

    or
    > > 2) CISSP All-In-One and The CISSP Prep Guide Gold Edition.
    > >
    > > So my question is which option between the two above are the best for

    > > beginners level ?
    > >
    > > Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > MD.
    > >

    > If you are a beginner you won't be taking CISSP as you need 3/4 years

    of
    > proven industry experience..
    >
    > Loads of info here on CISSP
    > http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6422
    >
    > If you want some general Infosec books check at
    > http://reviews.security-forums.com
    >
    > ST

    yup, MD, i am not quite sure what you mean when you say you are a
    "beginner"?

    you need to fulfill certain requirements with ISC2 in order to take CISSP
    exam. check out their site. www.isc2.org

    they have this new thing where you can become an "associate". i am not
    quite sure what it is yet, but sounds something like, if you have the
    $$$ to take the exam now, you can do it, get it over with, and then
    fulfill the requirements later on. you are an "Associate CISSP" and then
    when you fulfill requirements, you become a "CISSP". i am not a CISSP, so
    i might have this wrong. but perhaps other CISSP's more familiar with
    ISC2 can comment or confirm this statement.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 6, 2004