    info by google searches.

    fwiw, i'm using windows.

    (gotta headache, ugh.) :)

    Splibbilla, Dec 22, 2005

  2. Splibbilla

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:33:48 +0000 (UTC), in message
    news:Xns9734910F8BBE7@64.85.239.19 , Splibbilla wrote:

    > &Bookmarks
    > is a bit space-wasting, since i like to jam buttons in the "menu" bar.
    >
    > i've been searching and searching within rdf, xul. in progfiles or in program folder... in jar even.
    >
    > there's no doubt info on a web page somewhere, I've looked at some.. xulplanet mozillazine. others... but i haven't found *that*
    > info by google searches.
    >
    > fwiw, i'm using windows.

    If you were using the Gecko-based K-Meleon browser (well, you
    didn't say which browser) then you can edit the menus at

    Tools -> Advanced Preferences -> Menus

    and shorten the menu text.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

    Ralph Fox, Dec 22, 2005

  3. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    Splibbilla <> in news:Xns9734910F8BBE7@64.85.239.19:

    very few msgs showing via isp's news. but from ralphs' reply as seen via google:

    > If you were using the Gecko-based K-Meleon browser (well, you
    > didn't say which browser) then you can edit the menus at
    >
    > Tools -> Advanced Preferences -> Menus
    >
    > and shorten the menu text.

    yes. though kmeleon crashes consistently on this (winme)

    using firefox (1.5)

    thanks for reply

    Splibbilla, Dec 22, 2005
  4. Splibbilla

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:49:44 +0000 (UTC), in message
    news:Xns973485DB72C717@64.85.239.19 , Splibbilla wrote:

    > very few msgs showing via isp's news. but from ralphs' reply as seen via google:
    >

    > > If you were using the Gecko-based K-Meleon browser (well, you
    > > didn't say which browser) then you can edit the menus at
    > >
    > > Tools -> Advanced Preferences -> Menus
    > >
    > > and shorten the menu text.

    > yes. though kmeleon crashes consistently on this (winme)

    That's odd. I have very few crashes here (win98).

    Using K-Meleon 0.9, updated with a later Gecko rendering
    engine (rv:1.7.10, Gecko/20050716).

    > using firefox (1.5)

    Open C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\en-US.jar
    and examine these files inside it...

    locale/browser/browser.dtd
    locale/browser/baseMenuOverlay.dtd

    Ralph Fox, Dec 24, 2005