    What about cableing for the monitor ...can this be wireless too ?

    Suggestions welcome.

    NZed
    NZed, Nov 23, 2003

  2. On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:32:14 +1300, "NZed" <> wrote:

    >I have an application...
    >Reception desk, monitor and keyboard and mouse on top and computor in the
    >cupboard underneath. I dont want any holes in the top of the reception desk
    >or wires.
    >
    >Do the keyboard and mouse work by infa red ...or radio frequency ?
    >Will it work in this application being in the cupboard.?
    >
    >What about cableing for the monitor ...can this be wireless too ?
    >
    >Suggestions welcome.
    >
    >NZed

    Yes only Logitech..

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...s&CRID=272&ad=hp_lc&countryid=19&languageid=1
    Gregory Parker, Nov 23, 2003

  3. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Thanks for that Gregory.
    I wonder what the prices are ?
    I will check them out on Monday.

    NZed

    "Gregory Parker" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:32:14 +1300, "NZed" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have an application...
    > >Reception desk, monitor and keyboard and mouse on top and computor in the
    > >cupboard underneath. I dont want any holes in the top of the reception

    desk
    > >or wires.
    > >
    > >Do the keyboard and mouse work by infa red ...or radio frequency ?
    > >Will it work in this application being in the cupboard.?
    > >
    > >What about cableing for the monitor ...can this be wireless too ?
    > >
    > >Suggestions welcome.
    > >
    > >NZed
    > >

    > Yes only Logitech..

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/features/cordless&CRID=272&a
    d=hp_lc&countryid=19&languageid=1

    NZed, Nov 23, 2003
  4. NZed

    Gurble Guest

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:33:44 +1300, "NZed" <>
    wrote:

    >"Gregory Parker" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:32:14 +1300, "NZed" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have an application...
    >> >Reception desk, monitor and keyboard and mouse on top and computor in the
    >> >cupboard underneath. I dont want any holes in the top of the reception

    >desk
    >> >or wires.
    >> >
    >> >Do the keyboard and mouse work by infa red ...or radio frequency ?
    >> >Will it work in this application being in the cupboard.?
    >> >
    >> >What about cableing for the monitor ...can this be wireless too ?
    >> >
    >> >Suggestions welcome.
    >> >
    >> >NZed

    >> Yes only Logitech..
    >>

    >http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/features/cordless&CRID=272&a
    >d=hp_lc&countryid=19&languageid=1
    >>

    >Thanks for that Gregory.
    >I wonder what the prices are ?
    >I will check them out on Monday.
    >
    >NZed

    Unfortunately, as usual, Woger is wrong.

    *Any* RF keyboard and mouse set will work, such as many of the Genius
    models, the A4Tech model ($99 from www.prosouth.co.nz), the Microsoft
    sets, the Logitech models, and many others for that matter.

    Just make sure that the one you choose is RF rather than infrared, and
    you'll be fine.
    Gurble, Nov 23, 2003
  5. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Thanks Gurble....
    Thats what I like about the usergroups.....a vast source of information and
    opinions.
    Looks like I will go for the radio frequency.

    However it still leaves me with the problem with the monitor cable.

    NZed

    NZed, Nov 23, 2003
  6. NZed

    Gurble Guest

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:41:34 +1300, "NZed" <>
    wrote:
    >> *Any* RF keyboard and mouse set will work, such as many of the Genius
    >> models, the A4Tech model ($99 from www.prosouth.co.nz), the Microsoft
    >> sets, the Logitech models, and many others for that matter.
    >>
    >> Just make sure that the one you choose is RF rather than infrared, and
    >> you'll be fine.

    >Thanks Gurble....
    >Thats what I like about the usergroups.....a vast source of information and
    >opinions.
    >Looks like I will go for the radio frequency.
    >
    >However it still leaves me with the problem with the monitor cable.

    Depends how much you want to spend.

    I'm pretty sure Philips have released just that, but I'm not sure if
    it's available yet in NZ, and I'm sure it'll come with a pretty hefty
    pricetag...
    Gurble, Nov 24, 2003
  7. NZed

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:25:22 +1300, Gurble wrote:

    >>However it still leaves me with the problem with the monitor cable.
    >>

    > Depends how much you want to spend.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure Philips have released just that, but I'm not sure if it's
    > available yet in NZ, and I'm sure it'll come with a pretty hefty
    > pricetag...

    Now that you mention it - I remember seeing a Philips prototype of
    something like that at a Techpac mobile solutions show 6-12 months or so
    ago.

    It was pretty cool, an LCD screen with wireless receivers for the keyboard
    and mouse built into the base. Unfortunately I can't remember whether the
    connection between the base and the PC was wireless though - it might've
    been.

    I can't remember exactly when the rep said they would be available, but
    I reckon they should've been out by now.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Nov 25, 2003