    anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
    when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
    form.

    basil, Feb 13, 2008

  2. On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:23:59 -0800 (PST), basil <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am trying at intervals to enter a message on certain American pages.
    >They only accept messages from their own list of states. There is no
    >space for people outside the US. That is telling me something but has
    >anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
    >when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
    >form.

    What websites are you looking at [if you care to name them publicly].

    I am in the US and would be interested to see what they say.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Feb 13, 2008

  3. In article <>, basil <> wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I am trying at intervals to enter a message on certain American pages.
    >They only accept messages from their own list of states. There is no
    >space for people outside the US. That is telling me something but has
    >anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
    >when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
    >form.

    Tried lying ? It's a computer, it won't know and you can't hurt its
    feelings. :)
    If a web site insists on data I don't have or will not give, I make it up.
    Hopefully, they will work out (eventually) that their requirements are
    silly and fix it. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 13, 2008
  4. basil

    Matty F Guest

    On Feb 13, 6:31 pm,
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > In article <>, basil <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,

    > >I am trying at intervals to enter a message on certain American pages.
    > >They only accept messages from their own list of states. There is no
    > >space for people outside the US. That is telling me something but has
    > >anyone found out how to get around such narrow forms? I don't like it
    > >when sites make you, me and everyone else rigidly stick to a stereo
    > >form.

    > Tried lying ? It's a computer, it won't know and you can't hurt its
    > feelings. :)
    > If a web site insists on data I don't have or will not give, I make it up.
    > Hopefully, they will work out (eventually) that their requirements are
    > silly and fix it. :)

    There's quite a good streaming radio site that I wanted to listen to,
    but it requires you to be in the US. It requires you to prove that by
    giving your ZIP code. 90210 seemed familiar so I put that and it
    worked just fine :)

    Matty F, Feb 13, 2008