    John Guest

    any body ever use the program called Black Ice or have any knowlege of how
    good it works am trying to deside

    John, Dec 19, 2004

  2. John

    ToYKillAS Guest

    John wrote:
    > any body ever use the program called Black Ice or have any knowlege of how
    > good it works am trying to deside

    firewall ? use iptables

    --
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

    ToYKillAS, Dec 19, 2004

  3. John

    EDOOD Guest

    Black Ice Defender is a firewall/Intrusion detection system. Like many
    "Software Firewalls", it is installed on a system, and then will block ports
    that are open. In addition (and something that few software firewalls have)
    it will let you know in real time, who is attempting the intrusion, what
    port they are using, and how this exploit works. The explanation comes way
    of a web link to their host system. So, when you have it running, you can
    watch the hackers hit your system.
    Our company used this, and it was somewhat effective.

    EDOOD, Dec 20, 2004
  4. John wrote:

    > any body ever use the program called Black Ice or have any knowlege of how
    > good it works am trying to deside

    Blackice has had a somewhat checked past....

    Michael J. Pelletier, Dec 20, 2004
  5. John

    Pete Guest

    On 2004-12-20, Michael J. Pelletier <> wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >
    >> any body ever use the program called Black Ice or have any knowlege of how
    >> good it works am trying to deside

    > Blackice has had a somewhat checked past....

    That must be the same as chequered. Black, white, good, bad. This can be
    said of lots of software applications. Black Ice Defender, AFAIAA, was
    supposed to be an IDS, not a firewall.

    To the OP, why not just download it and try it ? Or don't you trust your own
    judgement ?

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Pete, Dec 21, 2004