    delete offending culprit ?
    If so how do I locate this file ?

    Thanks for any help

    andy, Jan 30, 2006

  2. andy

    p-nut Guest

    andy wrote:
    > Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
    > unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
    > (msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
    > Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
    > delete offending culprit ?
    > If so how do I locate this file ?
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    Some of your drivers won't load without it.
    What problem are you referring to?

    p-nut, Jan 30, 2006

  3. andy wrote:

    Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
    >unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
    >(msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
    >Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
    >delete offending culprit ?
    >If so how do I locate this file ?
    >
    >Thanks for any help

    What would you do if so how do you locate this file?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  4. andy wrote:

    Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
    >unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
    >(msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
    >Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
    >delete offending culprit ?
    >If so how do I locate this file ?
    >
    >Thanks for any help

    But what are the chances that so how do you locate this file?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  5. Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    p-nut wrote:

    andy wrote:

    >Some of your drivers won't load without it.
    >What problem are you referring to?

    What about your own drivers won't load without it?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  6. andy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    andy spewed forth:
    > Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
    > unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
    > (msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
    > Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
    > delete offending culprit ?
    > If so how do I locate this file ?
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    It is better to isolate the problem to one specific issue, and edit the
    System.ini file and correct it. Using msconfig.exe as a "fix-all" is not
    what it is meant for.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    In news:,
    >andy spewed forth:
    >
    >It is better to isolate the problem to one specific issue, and edit the
    >System.ini file and correct it. Using msconfig.exe as a "fix-all" is not
    >what it is meant for.

    What do you think?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  8. Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Liza Smorgaborgsson wrote:

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    >In news:,
    >
    >What do you think?

    Oh, I think?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  9. Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Liza Smorgaborgsson wrote:

    >Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >Oh, I think?

    Do you say you think for some special reason?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  10. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Liza Smorgaborgsson wrote:
    >
    >Do you say you think for some special reason?

    What are your feelings now?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  11. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >What are your feelings now?

    What comes to mind when you ask that?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  12. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >What comes to mind when you ask that?

    We were discussing you -- not me.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  13. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Does talking about this bother you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  14. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  15. andy

    andy Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:48:29 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >andy spewed forth:
    >> Been doing some troubleshooting on start up probs. and have found that
    >> unchecking * Processing System ini. file * in selective start up
    >> (msconfig ) sorts out problem etc. Question is ........
    >> Is it OK to leave this unchecked or is it best to go into file and
    >> delete offending culprit ?
    >> If so how do I locate this file ?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help

    >It is better to isolate the problem to one specific issue, and edit the
    >System.ini file and correct it. Using msconfig.exe as a "fix-all" is not
    >what it is meant for.

    The problem I had ( have ) and which I posted about earlier is that my
    PS2 mouse only worked in safe mode . I can only get it to work in
    normal mode by unchecking system ini file in msconfig so sometin is
    dodgy in this file . Thats why I want to get into it to see if I am
    able to establish what is causing the problem etc.

    andy, Jan 30, 2006
  16. Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  17. Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    andy wrote:

    >On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:48:29 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    >
    >Does talking about this bother you?

    Please go on.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  18. Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >andy wrote:
    >
    >Please go on.

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  19. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Tell me more about that.

    I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  20. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info on * System Ini * please

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    You're not really talking about me -- are you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006