Info on microdrive for canon xti

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Robert, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Robert

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <Crcnh.8967$>, Robert
    <> wrote:

    > On ebay they have 5gb CF type II microdrives.
    >

    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230067985274&fromMakeTrack=
    > true
    >

    > Will they work in a canon xti?

    Yes.

    > If they will work how much does it affect batteries life?

    Drops it by about 20% in my experience.

    > Robert

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Jan 5, 2007

  3. Robert

    Scubabix Guest

    Info on microdrive for canon 30D (was xti)

    "Ken Lucke" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Crcnh.8967$>, Robert
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On ebay they have 5gb CF type II microdrives.
    >>

    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230067985274&fromMakeTrack=
    >> true
    >>

    >> Will they work in a canon xti?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> If they will work how much does it affect batteries life?

    > Drops it by about 20% in my experience.
    >
    >> Robert

    How long does a microdrive take to power up after the camera goes into power
    saver mode? I know my 30 will start up almost instantly, allowing me to
    take a shot quickly, will the microdrive spin up fast enough to avoid
    delaying the image?
    Rob

    Scubabix, Jan 5, 2007
  4. Robert

    bitwisebob Guest

    On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:20:00 -0500, "Robert" <>
    wrote:

    >On ebay they have 5gb CF type II microdrives.
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230067985274&fromMakeTrack=true
    >Will they work in a canon xti?
    >If they will work how much does it affect batteries life?
    >Robert

    8gb flash isn't much more, and holds more, no moving parts
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820208050

    this one is less,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211048

    make sure the camera can handle a card of this size

    ---
    Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
    Eugene Oregon

    bitwisebob, Jan 5, 2007
  5. Robert

    Guest

    Re: Info on microdrive for canon 30D (was xti)

    > How long does a microdrive take to power up after the camera goes into power
    > saver mode? I know my 30 will start up almost instantly, allowing me to
    > take a shot quickly, will the microdrive spin up fast enough to avoid
    > delaying the image?

    I don't believe a Microdrive spins up until the camera is ready to
    write or read the image. It also powers down immediately after the
    image has been written or read.

    Chieh
    --
    Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/

    , Jan 5, 2007
  6. Robert

    Ken Lucke Guest

    Re: Info on microdrive for canon 30D (was xti)

    In article <>,
    <""> wrote:

    > > How long does a microdrive take to power up after the camera goes into power
    > > saver mode? I know my 30 will start up almost instantly, allowing me to
    > > take a shot quickly, will the microdrive spin up fast enough to avoid
    > > delaying the image?

    > I don't believe a Microdrive spins up until the camera is ready to
    > write or read the image. It also powers down immediately after the
    > image has been written or read.

    I've never noted any sort of noticable delay from power-on to ready to
    go. Of course, the camera's own memory is buffering shots anyway, so I
    probably wouldn't even if there is one.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Jan 5, 2007
  7. Robert

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Robert <> wrote:
    >On ebay they have 5gb CF type II microdrives.
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230067985274&fromMakeTrack=true
    >

    >Will they work in a canon xti?

    Stay away from those. The 5GB NOT "Microdrive" from Seagate has had
    all kinds of problems working with Canon cameras. That's why they're
    so cheap. The 2GB and 4GB Microdrive made by Hitachi is the one that
    works well.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jan 6, 2007