info on dual pentium 90 hardware

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by colinco, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. colinco

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, T.N.O. wrote...
    > I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
    >
    > It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
    > numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
    > model: 972ww
    > Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
    >
    > I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was useless.
    > I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
    > more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
    > it is not helpful.
    > Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
    >
    > Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
    > 2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
    > Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
    > standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
    > pin plug too.
    >
    > Any info would be handy.

    http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?s=d9cc254e0d5485eb542614ea48807127&
    threadid=34391

    do the unwrap thing

    T.N.O., Jul 20, 2003

  3. colinco

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
    >
    > It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
    > numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
    > model: 972ww
    > Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
    >
    > I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was

    useless.
    > I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
    > more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
    > it is not helpful.
    > Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
    >
    > Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
    > 2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
    > Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
    > standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
    > pin plug too.
    >
    > Any info would be handy.

    State of the art stuff, just like the beads of an Abacus are.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jul 20, 2003
  4. colinco

    T.N.O. Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:

    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
    >>
    >>It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
    >>numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
    >>model: 972ww
    >>Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
    >>
    >>I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was

    > useless.
    >
    >>I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
    >>more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
    >>it is not helpful.
    >>Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
    >>
    >>Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
    >>2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
    >>Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
    >>standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
    >>pin plug too.
    >>
    >>Any info would be handy.

    > State of the art stuff, just like the beads of an Abacus are.

    I know I know, but I figured that I got given it, and I have some spare
    Pentium 233 CPU's sitting here, if I can chuck them in it running
    Mandrake or something it will give me another toy.

    And on that note I think I need to get a life.

    T.N.O., Jul 20, 2003
  5. colinco

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >
    > > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
    > >>
    > >>It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
    > >>numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
    > >>model: 972ww
    > >>Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
    > >>
    > >>I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was

    > > useless.
    > >
    > >>I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
    > >>more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
    > >>it is not helpful.
    > >>Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
    > >>
    > >>Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
    > >>2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
    > >>Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
    > >>standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
    > >>pin plug too.
    > >>
    > >>Any info would be handy.

    > > State of the art stuff, just like the beads of an Abacus are.

    > I know I know, but I figured that I got given it, and I have some spare
    > Pentium 233 CPU's sitting here, if I can chuck them in it running
    > Mandrake or something it will give me another toy.
    >
    > And on that note I think I need to get a life.

    Why push your far better toys aside for the old half broken ones?
    Have a look at what you're wasting your life away on first. ;-)

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jul 20, 2003
  6. colinco

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Jul 20, 2003
  7. colinco

    Rudy Seoa Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
    >
    > It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
    > numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
    > model: 972ww
    > Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
    >
    > I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was useless.
    > I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
    > more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
    > it is not helpful.
    > Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
    >
    > Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
    > 2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
    > Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
    > standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
    > pin plug too.
    >
    > Any info would be handy.

    Sounds like a Prioris XL (590?) server.
    see:
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/legacysupport/digital/prioris_xl_5000
    _abstract.html

    Got a couple of these at work (P133 & P166 models) running Debian.

    Rudy Seoa, Jul 20, 2003
  8. colinco

    T.N.O. Guest

    Rudy Seoa wrote:
    > Sounds like a Prioris XL (590?) server.
    > see:
    > http://h18000.www1.hp.com/legacysupport/digital/prioris_xl_5000
    > _abstract.html
    >
    > Got a couple of these at work (P133 & P166 models) running Debian.

    Close, it's a prioris XL server, 5200DP
    As yet running nothing, but it boots, so thats a start.

    T.N.O., Jul 20, 2003
  9. colinco

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    > > Why push your far better toys aside for the old half broken ones?
    > > Have a look at what you're wasting your life away on first. ;-)
    > >

    > For a broarder view on computing life...
    > My Pc is running fine, but I need my toys to keep me interested.
    > Wireless is next, once I get my new firewall/gateway/proxy/caching
    > machine up and running. Probably running Mandrake MNF which no-one seems
    > to use yet.

    I'm the same, I'm not happy unless I've got a 'puter to play with. I've got
    to otherwise I end up messing up perfectly good systems for something
    hardware-related to keep me occupied.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---