    recommend something in the 300-400 dollar Canadian range that is a
    good buy and will do for the average tech savvy guy, thanks Garry

    , Dec 2, 2004

  2. Ryadia Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, first post and living in Canada and like many others hoping to buy
    > digital camera for Christmas and friends have recommended Hewlett
    > Packer Photosmart R607 for around 270 at Staples. It 4.1 Mp 3xoptical
    > and 7 digital. Can anybody advise if this is a decent camera or
    > recommend something in the 300-400 dollar Canadian range that is a
    > good buy and will do for the average tech savvy guy, thanks Garry

    Have a look at what Olympus and Panasonic have on offer.
    Olympus put out a 3.5 MP digicam with 10x optical and 30x digital zoom. My
    wife has one and it's output is excellent. Panasonic are not too shabby
    either although I would say - as an owner a lot of HP gear - that anything
    from HP could be considered good. It's just that cameras from Olympus are
    excellent.

    Doug

    Ryadia, Dec 2, 2004