    Thinking mostly for server 2008, exchange 2007 and maybe sharepoint cert..
    for training and testing... any opinions

    Thanks in advance

    Johnny Barradas, Jan 15, 2008

  2. I run Virtual PC all the time with my laptop. I would suggest you buy one
    with either 2 drives installed or get yourself a good highspeed external HD
    to put the VMs on. My Dual Core 2.0 with 2GB ram runs the VM's fine for the
    most part.

    Its really a question of laptop vs desktop for the sake of portability.

    --
    ..rev

    www.askthemct.com
    ..

    .rev [askthemct.com], Jan 15, 2008

  3. Johnny Barradas

    CBIC Guest

    > Greetings,
    > I'm interested in getting a notebook T7500 with 4GB of RAM..
    > Does anyone use vmware or virtual pc with a notebook? Is it worth it or
    > better use a desktop?
    > Thinking mostly for server 2008, exchange 2007 and maybe sharepoint cert..
    > for training and testing... any opinions
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I run VMware workstation on a laptop with 4 Gb of ram. Works great. I've
    also used Fusion on a macbook. That's the fastest XP has ever run for me.

    CBIC, Jan 15, 2008
  4. ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> wrote in message

    > I run Virtual PC all the time with my laptop. I would suggest you buy one
    > with either 2 drives installed or get yourself a good highspeed external HD
    > to put the VMs on. My Dual Core 2.0 with 2GB ram runs the VM's fine for the
    > most part.
    >
    > Its really a question of laptop vs desktop for the sake of portability.
    >
    > --
    > .rev
    >
    > www.askthemct.com
    > .
    > "Johnny Barradas" <> wrote in message
    > > Greetings,
    > > I'm interested in getting a notebook T7500 with 4GB of RAM..
    > > Does anyone use vmware or virtual pc with a notebook? Is it worth it or
    > > better use a desktop?
    > > Thinking mostly for server 2008, exchange 2007 and maybe sharepoint cert..
    > > for training and testing... any opinions
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance

    Agreed. I currently have 13 VMs on my laptop. 2 gigs running Vista. No
    problems at all.
    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jan 15, 2008
  5. How many VMs do u usually run on your machine?
    My idea was to start getting used to Server 2008 in AD and maybe a bit
    more.. do you think a laptop is able to run 3 machines.. for example 1 AD
    2008 + Exchange + a client such as Win XP or Vista?

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:e%...

    Johnny Barradas, Jan 21, 2008