    2,424
    If none of you have checked my site lately, I'm looking for people to contribute content for the site. Not "reviewers" persay, though reviews of modding supplies wouldn't be a bad idea but articles ABOUT modding, pics of some of the latest mods done by various people with links to where their worklogs are located, stuff like that. Go to my site to look into it more.

    http://www.infinity-customs.com

    The Modfather, Jan 3, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    shit man i check forgotting to go there :| i always miss it cause i finish thinka nd vr at like lunch time, and i think i have finished :|

    i could do some modding articles :)

    unholy, Jan 3, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    you check forgotting? You really do need some sleep after getting owned in CS:S.

    XhArD, Jan 4, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    haha u only owned me 1 map and thats cause there was 3 of u's and i had 2 bots on easy on my team, and it was like supa easy for u to kill them.

    and i was only 10 kills off u :p. but then i owned u's, TEAM down :) 9 to 1 :)

    unholy, Jan 4, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    You owned us? You were shotty-ing us, and we were still just about equal.

    XhArD, Jan 4, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Guys, yer hijacking my thread here, stop that. :p

    The Modfather, Jan 4, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    sorry, i retract my comment, let modfathers thread be his :)

    unholy, Jan 4, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Well, just stay on topic, what kind of content should I have on the site that others might be able to add to?

    The Modfather, Jan 5, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    How about....

    ...our experience with members of the opposite sex?:dontknow:

    bigal, Jan 16, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nah man, what about info and stuff for itx mods (i can help you out)

    and modfather can tell us about painting :)

    and Al can do a lighting tut seen as he does so well at it :)

    unholy, Jan 17, 2006
  11. The Modfather

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    I would like a good water cooling tutorial... I never got into water cooling much and i cant find one good place to learn how to do it all.

    Gez, Jan 17, 2006
  12. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i got no money, dont look at me to buy a water cooler :|

    if we got donations for it, i would write a tutorial and put the watercooler up as a prize :)

    unholy, Jan 18, 2006
  13. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    A tutorial for water cooling, painting, stuff like that, all that'd be good stuff. I just gotta get you guys to write. :) My site is dying a slow death and it's up for a renewal of the domain name in a few days. I'm feeling sort of iffy about my desire to bother keeping it going at this point, so little activity, ya know? The alliance thing would help but we're not getting a lot of interest in that either. We need to get all the webmasters who are interested to actually push the idea.

    The Modfather, Jan 18, 2006
  14. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    On the site thing...

    ...just use it for hosting your pictures, system build descriptions, and things of this nature. Forget about hosting the forums, as that takes up your time and energy. I almost decided to have forums on my site, but then figured it would take too much time from me. When my buddies wanted to form our motorcycle group, my site was easily adapted to support pictures of our rides. Maybe you have another group you can help out, related to your social activities, such as wrestling.

    bigal, Jan 19, 2006
  15. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Nope, not really, the forums don't take time, and time isn't the problem, I enjoy doing that stuff so that's not it. I just want to see it be used is all. I did some more tweaking to the front end of the site to make it easier to submit news and find news by topic, have a look. I'll add some tutorials later but I need some help from others to make the site popular or at least, semi popular. I don't want like thousands of users, that'd be too much work, but 50 or so good users would be perfect, a small community where we can get some recognition for our modding work. Maybe get into magazines like we should be doing, etc.

    The Modfather, Jan 19, 2006
  16. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    man i would love one of my mods to get into a mag :)

    i can help you out. I will write an article on how to Make a ITX computer. From where to get the Power supplies to What board to choose.

    unholy, Jan 20, 2006
  17. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Do that, go for it. I put up a couple of tutorials from a site called 9volts.com that might be useful but original content is very important.

    Here's a list of what I'd like to get on the front page of the site, updated regularly.

    Mods: Yours or other peoples, with photos, or at least links to photos.
    Tutorials: How-to's of various modding projects.
    Products: Reviews of modding related products and/or links to places to get modding supplies and bling bling.
    Experiences: Your own experiences in modding.
    Ideas: If you've got an idea for a mod that you doubt you'll ever do, submit that idea to the site, preferably with some 3D renders or sketches of the idea and maybe someone else will pick up the idea. Make a note that if someone does that that they should give you credit for the idea.

    The Modfather, Jan 21, 2006
  18. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Yer and u should have a Modder of the Month :)

    unholy, Jan 22, 2006
  19. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Might be a good idea once there's more than just 2 or 3 of us there.

    The Modfather, Jan 22, 2006
  20. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined: