    JimmyKalor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=2740
    View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=77602

    http://forums.techarena.i
    JimmyKalor, Jul 2, 2007

  2. JimmyKalor

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > I was infected with either a virus or spyware earlier today. I was able
    > to use system restore to get to where I am functioning again but I do
    > not believe all is well. I ran adaware, Norton and spybot. Spybot had
    > some artifacts that it could not remove. Norton found two entries. I
    > have yet to reboot for fear that the malware will reappear. I need
    > desperate help. Thanks in advance for any help.

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    SmitRem.exe by Noahdfear's SmitFraud, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, removal tool
    http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click counter/click.php?id=1

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
    3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
    not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
    googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Jul 2, 2007

  3. JimmyKalor

    Sebastian G. Guest

    JimmyKalor wrote:

    > I was infected with either a virus or spyware earlier today. I was able
    > to use system restore to get to where I am functioning again but I do
    > not believe all is well. I ran adaware, Norton and spybot. Spybot had
    > some artifacts that it could not remove. Norton found two entries. I
    > have yet to reboot for fear that the malware will reappear. I need
    > desperate help.

    Well, maybe you could describe what exactly your problem is? Other than you
    toying around for no good reason?
    Sebastian G., Jul 2, 2007
  4. JimmyKalor

    nathan6 Guest

    Download any free anti-spyware program that can help you to remove th
    infection.
    I recommend you to download the free program called Spyware sweepe
    from www.spyware-sweeper.com This will manually remove the spy ware
    which is hijacking your browser. You would find detailed instruction
    at the site

    --
    nathan
    nathan6's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=2744

    nathan6, Jul 3, 2007
  5. JimmyKalor

    jc Guest

    JimmyKalor wrote:
    > I was infected with either a virus or spyware earlier today. I was able
    > to use system restore to get to where I am functioning again but I do
    > not believe all is well. I ran adaware, Norton and spybot. Spybot had
    > some artifacts that it could not remove. Norton found two entries. I
    > have yet to reboot for fear that the malware will reappear. I need
    > desperate help. Thanks in advance for any help.

    Don't do a system restore. Those files are likely infected and should be
    removed. After following Leythos' instructions, disable system restore
    and restart it.

    jc
    jc, Jul 3, 2007
  6. JimmyKalor

    Sebastian G. Guest

    nathan6 wrote:

    > Download any free anti-spyware program that can help you to remove the
    > infection.

    Get any free stone that helps cleaning the car...

    > I recommend you to download the free program called Spyware sweeper
    > from www.spyware-sweeper.com This will manually remove the spy ware,
    > which is hijacking your browser.

    Unlikely that it will. After all, it has to rely on the data that are
    emitted from the compromised system, and it has no reference point either.
    Sebastian G., Jul 3, 2007
  7. JimmyKalor

    Todd H. Guest

    JimmyKalor <> writes:

    > I was infected with either a virus or spyware earlier today. I was able
    > to use system restore to get to where I am functioning again but I do
    > not believe all is well. I ran adaware, Norton and spybot. Spybot had
    > some artifacts that it could not remove. Norton found two entries. I
    > have yet to reboot for fear that the malware will reappear. I need
    > desperate help. Thanks in advance for any help.

    Unfortunately, the quickest way to being back to a known clean point
    is to reformat and reinstall Windows from original media. Try to
    get your data off to an external drive first.

    Reinstall windows, run windows update and reboot about 20 times in
    teh process from behing a hardware firewall of some sort until you're
    completely up to date, install a reputable antivirus program, and only
    then mount the external drive with your data, have the AV clean that,
    then move the data back to your newly installed system.

    It might take you a day, but the alternative apparently isn't working
    any better, and you'll never know that you're truly clean at this
    point.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.