Infected??? Firefox opens automatically.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tech.Zoan@gmail.com, Oct 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    For the last couple of weeks, Firefox opens a new browsing window
    sporadically. It doesn't matter if I'm browsing already or if Firefox
    isn't running at all... a Firefox session will open up automatically.

    I have Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 and ran a full virus scan but
    found nothing. Also ran Ad-aware 2007 and Search & Destroy spyware
    scanners... even in Safe Mode... but most of the time it finds nothing
    but cookies... except Ad-aware did find a malware with a name like
    A0100120.exe which it removed but it re-surfaced after a reboot... but
    it doesn't always show up.

    Also... not sure if it's related but my computer seems to "freeze" at
    times but not entirely... the mouse works and i can work fine in some
    windows but others behave erratically like clicking on a button will
    close a window instead of opening one or it just won't do nothing. I
    thought it might be java related since it seems to occur in windows
    that make use of java. I have the latest java update and even that
    window freezes on me when i try to click on the update button.

    Any suggestions?
    , Oct 30, 2007

  2. Tony Guest

    I'm baffled because you took all the steps i would've taken. That means
    you've got it over at least 99.99 percent of the people that post to this
    newsgroup. I've always used Kaspersky anti-virus and ad-aware pro or
    ad-aware 2007. All that i can think of is are you using at least a
    gigabyte of ram? Save the bookmarks file from Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox then uninstall mozilla firefox then delete the folder
    from Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox. If it won't let you uninstall that
    folder download something called unlocker around series 1.7.9 install it
    right click on the folder and click on unlock then delete the folder.
    Install firefox and overwrite the bookmark file with the bookmark file you
    saved.

    Tony, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > For the last couple of weeks, Firefox opens a new browsing window
    > sporadically. It doesn't matter if I'm browsing already or if Firefox
    > isn't running at all... a Firefox session will open up automatically.

    For the future. Dont download ware you're lookig for free from a google
    search. You will only have problems. Times have really changed in the
    last year or so, even for "free" mp3s.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 31, 2007