    475BA1AFCA6E}\RP135\A0058391.scr\A0058391.SCR

    Thanks

    James

    James, Dec 10, 2003

  2. James

    mark mandel Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns944CDB4DD8C9Ajamesquilliannet@24.93.43.119...

    > My anti virus program advises me that I have an infected file. But
    > the file is protected and can't be deledted or cleaned.
    >
    > Is there a way to delete this file with a dos rutine or something?
    >
    > The file is pasted below.
    >
    > D:\System Volume Information\_restore{A06373C1-3838-44F6-A6A7-
    > 475BA1AFCA6E}\RP135\A0058391.scr\A0058391.SCR
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > James

    Is the anti virus program AVG? I ask because I'm certain I got the same
    message after two viruses were discovered. The solution was when I then ran
    trend micro which hours later removed both viruses.

    mark mandel, Dec 10, 2003

  3. James

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "mark mandel" <> wrote in

    > Is the anti virus program AVG? I ask because I'm certain I got the
    > same message after two viruses were discovered. The solution was when
    > I then ran trend micro which hours later removed both viruses.

    If the System Restore archive is infected, the best cure is to disable
    system restore (remove all restore points), turn it back on and create a
    restore point.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 10, 2003
  4. James

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 05:24:05 GMT, "mark mandel" <> wrote:

    >"James" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> My anti virus program advises me that I have an infected file. But
    >> the file is protected and can't be deledted or cleaned.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to delete this file with a dos rutine or something?
    >>
    >> The file is pasted below.
    >>
    >> D:\System Volume Information\_restore{A06373C1-3838-44F6-A6A7-
    >> 475BA1AFCA6E}\RP135\A0058391.scr\A0058391.SCR
    >>
    >> Thanks

    The only way I know to get rid of this message is to turn System restore off
    then on again.

    derek / nul, Dec 10, 2003
  5. James

    James Guest

    DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in news:Xns944DB15D9FFCWobbly@216.168.3.30:

    > If the System Restore archive is infected, the best cure is to

    disable
    > system restore (remove all restore points), turn it back on and

    create a
    > restore point.

    Can you tell me how to do that? I am running windows xp.

    James

    James, Dec 10, 2003
  6. James

    Thor Guest

    Disable system restore in windows, then reboot, and re-enable it. This
    should purge the system restore files, and the virus-infected file along
    with it.

    Thor, Dec 10, 2003
  7. James

    Thor Guest

    Right-click on "my computer", choose "properties". Click the "system
    restore" tab. Check "turn off system restore". Then click "ok". Then reboot
    the computer. Then re-enable it. Then folllow-up with a virus scan to verify
    that the infected file is gone.

    Thor, Dec 10, 2003
  8. James

    mark mandel Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > Disable system restore in windows, then reboot, and re-enable it. This
    > should purge the system restore files, and the virus-infected file along
    > with it.

    It actually occurred to me to do this even before I ran the micro trend anti
    virus program but I forgot to. Fortunately, the viruses got kicked out
    anyway.

    Mark

    mark mandel, Dec 10, 2003
  9. James

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:56:47 GMT, James <> wrote:

    >DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in news:Xns944DB15D9FFCWobbly@216.168.3.30:
    >
    >> If the System Restore archive is infected, the best cure is to

    >disable
    >> system restore (remove all restore points), turn it back on and

    >create a
    >> restore point.
    >>

    >Can you tell me how to do that? I am running windows xp.

    start | help | system restore

    derek / nul, Dec 11, 2003