    receive a lot of the virus mail and i have update the latest virus
    definition still cannot. Please guide me or recomemend any s/w to
    prevent it in the future. Thanks

    Juan, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Juan

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 16 Dec 2005 20:49:38 -0800, "Juan" <> wrote:

    >Does any 1 have a idea to stop virus split on smtp engine. Everyday i
    >receive a lot of the virus mail and i have update the latest virus
    >definition still cannot. Please guide me or recomemend any s/w to
    >prevent it in the future. Thanks

    What anti-virus program are you using?

    Evan Platt, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Juan

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Juan" <> wrote in message
    > Does any 1 have a idea to stop virus split on smtp engine. Everyday i
    > receive a lot of the virus mail and i have update the latest virus
    > definition still cannot. Please guide me or recomemend any s/w to
    > prevent it in the future. Thanks

    The key is to not let the emails reach your machine and that way the AV
    doesn't have to deal with it. You need software that's going to allow you to
    look at the emails at the POP3 server and let you delete/filter them at the
    POP3 server with you being the determining factor if the email is going to
    be pulled by your email client software to your machine.

    What email client software are you using? I would suspect Outlook Express.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 17, 2005
  4. Juan

    philo Guest

    Juan wrote:
    > Does any 1 have a idea to stop virus split on smtp engine. Everyday i
    > receive a lot of the virus mail and i have update the latest virus
    > definition still cannot. Please guide me or recomemend any s/w to
    > prevent it in the future. Thanks

    get a utility such as mail washer
    and delete and blacklist all junk mail
    right on the server

    philo, Dec 17, 2005
  5. Juan

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 04:53:08 -0600 If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then philo <> sent this :

    >Juan wrote:
    >> Does any 1 have a idea to stop virus split on smtp engine. Everyday i
    >> receive a lot of the virus mail and i have update the latest virus
    >> definition still cannot. Please guide me or recomemend any s/w to
    >> prevent it in the future. Thanks
    >>

    >get a utility such as mail washer
    >and delete and blacklist all junk mail
    >right on the server

    Or,"Poptray",
    http://www.poptray.org/

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 17, 2005
  6. Juan

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Juan wrote:
    >> Does any 1 have a idea to stop virus split on smtp engine. Everyday i
    >> receive a lot of the virus mail and i have update the latest virus
    >> definition still cannot. Please guide me or recomemend any s/w to
    >> prevent it in the future. Thanks
    >>

    > get a utility such as mail washer
    > and delete and blacklist all junk mail
    > right on the server

    http://www.aptrio.com/Utilities/Network/pop-cleaner-pro-10834.html

    I have used POP3 Cleaner too but I like the abilites of MW.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Dec 17, 2005
  7. Juan

    Juan Guest

    i'm use norman armour antivurus. My mail server is send mail work under
    slackware linux O/S. i totolly agree with u but how can i do it before
    client pulled the mail from the server. why u suspect with the outlook
    expres. Currently i try to get the solution on stop the virus split. It
    getting worst day by day. Thanks and i really appreciated all the
    respond.

    Juan, Dec 19, 2005