    without squeezing the image (what they used to do when they needed to
    fit the titles in a widescreen image on TV)?

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Michael Rogers

    Codswallop Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:04:52 GMT, Michael Rogers wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > Did they actually recomposite the titles to fit on a cropped 4:3 image
    > without squeezing the image (what they used to do when they needed to
    > fit the titles in a widescreen image on TV)?

    Not sure about the start, but I remember at the end, after Short Round's
    elephant splashes Indy and Willie with water, that was the point where
    it went "squashy" (and they all suddenly lost a lot of weight) for the
    credits to roll.

    I suppose the same may have been done at the start. In other words: No,
    I don't think they redid the titles.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Codswallop, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Michael Rogers

    ymenard Guest

    >"Codswallop" <> wrote
    > Not sure about the start, but I remember at the end, after Short Round's
    > elephant splashes Indy and Willie with water, that was the point where
    > it went "squashy" (and they all suddenly lost a lot of weight) for the
    > credits to roll.

    It's the same with the endings of the Star Wars original trilogy in P&S (or
    about every time it's on the TV). They squeeze the image to fit the 4:3
    ratio, instead of cutting the frame. It's really easy to see for The Empire
    Strikes Back, considering that it's a squeezed space shot that you saw the
    start of it a minute before.

    --
    -- François Ménard <ymenard>
    -- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

    ymenard, Oct 28, 2003