    laserdisc. Has anyone else seen the same thing, or could this be some
    weird anomaly of my player or DVD copy? Or maybe a transfer error on the
    new release?

    Jeff Pearson, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Jeff Pearson wrote:
    > Early on in the movie when from behind cobwebs we see Jones and Satipo
    > enter the Hovito temple, the image is unsteady for a few seconds, as if the
    > camera was poorly secured.
    >
    > At least that's how it appears on my TV. I've never noticed this before,
    > not while seeing Raiders 11 times in theaters or all the times after on
    > laserdisc. Has anyone else seen the same thing, or could this be some
    > weird anomaly of my player or DVD copy? Or maybe a transfer error on the
    > new release?

    Hmmm....I noticed a similar jitter in a few different scenes in The Last
    Crusade, but not on the DVD (hasn't arrived in the mail yet :-( ), on my
    old VHS. It was there every time I watched it, on different players
    too. And the odd thing is, I also saw it whenever it aired on tv.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Jeff Pearson

    Impmon Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:02:36 GMT, Jeff Pearson <>
    typed:

    >as anyone else seen the same thing, or could this be some
    >weird anomaly of my player or DVD copy? Or maybe a transfer error on the
    >new release?

    No jitter in my copy. Mine's WS BTW but I'm sure P&S is fine as well.

    First I'd try a different DVD player. If the jitter's still there, get
    it replaced. If not, your player could be failing.
    --
    space for rent.
    To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

    Impmon, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Jeff Pearson <> wrote:

    > Early on in the movie when from behind cobwebs we see Jones and Satipo
    > enter the Hovito temple, the image is unsteady for a few seconds, as if the
    > camera was poorly secured.

    I noticed that jitter, too, though to me it looks more like a slight
    loss of focus than a camera move.

    I don't have _Raiders_ on any other medium, so I can't compare it to
    see if this is a flaw that's always been present. It looks like some
    sort of compression error to me, but I could be wrong...

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

    Douglas Bailey, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Jeff Pearson

    Jeff Pearson Guest

    Douglas Bailey <> wrote in

    > Jeff Pearson <> wrote:
    >
    >> Early on in the movie when from behind cobwebs we see Jones and
    >> Satipo enter the Hovito temple, the image is unsteady for a few
    >> seconds, as if the camera was poorly secured.

    > I noticed that jitter, too, though to me it looks more like a slight
    > loss of focus than a camera move.
    >
    > I don't have _Raiders_ on any other medium, so I can't compare it to
    > see if this is a flaw that's always been present. It looks like some
    > sort of compression error to me, but I could be wrong...
    >
    > doug

    The effect is the same on my PC's DVD drive, so it's almost certainly
    either something inherent in the film or a flaw in the DVD transfer.

    Should have checked that out before posting. Sorry about that. Still,
    it's an interesting anomaly.

    Jeff Pearson, Oct 24, 2003