    set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
    read.

    LVIII

    Lord Vader III, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Lord Vader III

    D R Ranch Guest

    Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
    seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
    talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
    one....great DVD !!

    "Lord Vader III" <> wrote in message
    > I just saw the Circuit City ad and they're saying the Indiana Jones box
    > set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
    > read.
    >
    > LVIII

    ---

    D R Ranch, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Lord Vader III

    Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:42:19 GMT, "D R Ranch"
    <> wrote:

    >Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
    >seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
    >talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
    >one....great DVD !!
    >
    >"Lord Vader III" <> wrote in message
    >> I just saw the Circuit City ad and they're saying the Indiana Jones box
    >> set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
    >> read.
    >>
    >> LVIII

    >---

    YEP!

    I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
    with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
    enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!

    Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

    Cheers!

    , Oct 25, 2003
  4. Lord Vader III

    Paul C. Guest

    wrote in

    > YEP!
    >
    > I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a

    scene
    > with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
    > enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
    >
    > Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!
    >
    > Cheers!

    I was wondering about that myself as there were the occassional
    short parts that I didn't remember from the movie. Nice to know it's
    not just being crazy :)

    Paul C., Oct 25, 2003
  5. Lord Vader III

    Smaug69 Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:42:19 GMT, "D R Ranch"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
    > >seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
    > >talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
    > >one....great DVD !!
    > >
    > >"Lord Vader III" <> wrote in message
    > >> I just saw the Circuit City ad and they're saying the Indiana Jones box
    > >> set has 10 deleted scenes? I didn't see that on any of the specs I've
    > >> read.
    > >>
    > >> LVIII

    > >---
    > >

    > YEP!
    >
    > I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
    > with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
    > enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
    >
    > Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

    The reason they didn't advertise it is because they didn't add
    anything. The only changes are some cleanups of mistakes, dirt,
    scratches, etc.

    From the Digital Bits:

    "You should also know that Lucasfilm and Paramount have gone in and
    made some minor fixes to these films, erasing elements that weren't
    originally intended to be seen. So, for example, when Indy falls into
    the Well of Souls now, you won't see the reflection of the cobra on
    the glass that was placed to protect actor Harrison Ford. Also, when
    the giant stone ball rolls after Indy in the opening of Raiders, a
    support beam that guided the ball on the set has been erased. We're
    told that some 14 minor fixes were made to these films in all."

    And after checking several other websites and seeing no mention of any
    additions I think we can safely say that there are none.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Oct 25, 2003
  6. Lord Vader III

    Smaug69 Guest

    From somewhere over there (Smaug69) mumbled
    incoherently:

    > wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:42:19 GMT, "D R Ranch"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Having seen only part of the first Indy, yes there are fill ins that are say
    >> >seconds in length but some how make the movie smoother....like the Nazi's
    >> >talking with the arabs before they attack Indy in the market place for
    >> >one....great DVD !!

    >> I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
    >> with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
    >> enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
    >>
    >> Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

    >The reason they didn't advertise it is because they didn't add
    >anything. The only changes are some cleanups of mistakes, dirt,
    >scratches, etc.
    >
    >From the Digital Bits:
    >
    >"You should also know that Lucasfilm and Paramount have gone in and
    >made some minor fixes to these films, erasing elements that weren't
    >originally intended to be seen. So, for example, when Indy falls into
    >the Well of Souls now, you won't see the reflection of the cobra on
    >the glass that was placed to protect actor Harrison Ford. Also, when
    >the giant stone ball rolls after Indy in the opening of Raiders, a
    >support beam that guided the ball on the set has been erased. We're
    >told that some 14 minor fixes were made to these films in all."
    >
    >And after checking several other websites and seeing no mention of any
    >additions I think we can safely say that there are none.

    Just an addendum to this post...I have watched the first hour of the
    film- just before they drop down into the Well of the Souls- and there
    is nothing new added to it. The scene with the Nazis and the Arabs in
    the market place and the scenes with Sallah in Cairo were all in the
    original.

    The only thing I can think of is you guys have seen the film too many
    times on broadcast TV where they cut the shit out of it and that is
    burned into your brain.

    --
    I know no one can do me no harm because Joy is a hot revolver,
    and he is afraid of the monkeys who are in possession of the

    Smaug69, Oct 26, 2003
  7. Smaug69 <> writes:

    > From somewhere over there (Smaug69) mumbled
    > incoherently:
    >
    > > wrote in message news:<>...

    > >> I noticed that too, I thought I was LOOOOSIING my mind during a scene
    > >> with Saleh (sic) in Cairo; popped in my LaserDisc version and sure
    > >> enough Raiders does have a few extra bits here and here!
    > >>
    > >> Nicely done George and Steve! Don't advertise it, JUST DO IT!

    > >The reason they didn't advertise it is because they didn't add
    > >anything. The only changes are some cleanups of mistakes, dirt,
    > >scratches, etc.
    > >
    > >From the Digital Bits:
    > >
    > >"You should also know that Lucasfilm and Paramount have gone in and
    > >made some minor fixes to these films, erasing elements that weren't
    > >originally intended to be seen. So, for example, when Indy falls into
    > >the Well of Souls now, you won't see the reflection of the cobra on
    > >the glass that was placed to protect actor Harrison Ford. Also, when
    > >the giant stone ball rolls after Indy in the opening of Raiders, a
    > >support beam that guided the ball on the set has been erased. We're
    > >told that some 14 minor fixes were made to these films in all."
    > >
    > >And after checking several other websites and seeing no mention of any
    > >additions I think we can safely say that there are none.

    > Just an addendum to this post...I have watched the first hour of the
    > film- just before they drop down into the Well of the Souls- and there
    > is nothing new added to it. The scene with the Nazis and the Arabs in
    > the market place and the scenes with Sallah in Cairo were all in the
    > original.
    >
    > The only thing I can think of is you guys have seen the film too many
    > times on broadcast TV where they cut the shit out of it and that is
    > burned into your brain.

    I seem to remember some dialog that was not on the DVD. When Indy is
    first talking to Salah at his home in Cairo he said something about maybe the
    Ark should not be disturbed and Indy remarks something like "First
    Marcus and now you." Anyone else remember this or am I nuts?

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Oct 27, 2003
  8. Lord Vader III

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Scott Streeter <> wrote:

    > I seem to remember some dialog that was not on the DVD. When Indy is
    > first talking to Salah at his home in Cairo he said something about maybe the
    > Ark should not be disturbed and Indy remarks something like "First
    > Marcus and now you." Anyone else remember this or am I nuts?

    Sorry, Scott. FMS (False Memory Syndrome!). That was never in the
    movie.

    Peter Briggs, Oct 27, 2003
  9. Lord Vader III

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Scott Streeter <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > I seem to remember some dialog that was not on the DVD. When Indy is
    > first talking to Salah at his home in Cairo he said something about maybe the
    > Ark should not be disturbed and Indy remarks something like "First
    > Marcus and now you." Anyone else remember this or am I nuts?

    Could be from the comic book adaptation... Like when he uses his whip
    to tie himself to the periscope of the Nazi submarine...

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Oct 27, 2003