    Ohio, on behalf of a client that insists on operators knowledgeable about
    American geography. (Source: CNN.com)"

    Hehe..... wonder if its the geography that theyre actually worried about....

    XPD, Oct 15, 2007

  2. In article <ff0h3i$sme$>, "XPD" <> wrote:
    >"The Tata Group, a Mumbai, India, company that handles customer-service
    >calls for several US firms, has outsourced some of its work to a firm in
    >Ohio, on behalf of a client that insists on operators knowledgeable about
    >American geography. (Source: CNN.com)"

    >Hehe..... wonder if its the geography that theyre actually worried about....

    :)

    IIRC, the Tata group is a large company too. I recall seeing somewhere that
    it's around 5 % of the indian economy ? They actually make things too. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 16, 2007

  3. On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:30:02 GMT, Bruce Sinclair
    <> wrote in

    > In article <ff0h3i$sme$>, "XPD" <> wrote:
    >>"The Tata Group, a Mumbai, India, company that handles customer-service
    >>calls for several US firms, has outsourced some of its work to a firm in
    >>Ohio, on behalf of a client that insists on operators knowledgeable about
    >>American geography. (Source: CNN.com)"

    >>Hehe..... wonder if its the geography that theyre actually worried about....

    > :)
    >
    > IIRC, the Tata group is a large company too. I recall seeing somewhere that
    > it's around 5 % of the indian economy ? They actually make things too. :)

    It's enough to give a man the ta-ta's, isn't it?

    --
    Nicolaas
    [I was just leaving]

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 16, 2007
  4. On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:03:45 +1300, "XPD" <>
    wrote:

    >"The Tata Group, a Mumbai, India, company that handles customer-service
    >calls for several US firms, has outsourced some of its work to a firm in
    >Ohio, on behalf of a client that insists on operators knowledgeable about
    >American geography. (Source: CNN.com)"
    >

    >Hehe..... wonder if its the geography that theyre actually worried about....

    There was an article IIRC on CNN yesterday here stating that call
    centres in India are not being able to attract staff.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Oct 18, 2007