    cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All are 16kb or 32kb in
    size.
    Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings. Only I use the pc?

    Nowhere, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Nowhere, <>, the intolerant, selfish hogfish, and
    decorative stitcher, gabbled:

    > I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found... Then
    > scanned explorer for all index.dat files. It found 4 lots of index.
    > cookies. 2 Admin cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All
    > are 16kb or 32kb in size.
    > Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings.

    Yes, get rid of them. No, kill the setting too.

    > Only I use the pc?

    In that case, burn it as a peace offering to the PC God 64735.

    Courtney Fanstone-Senderstock, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Nowhere

    old john Guest

    "Nowhere" <> wrote in message
    >I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found...

    snip
    snip

    re-read this..
    google for `ccleaner` it will clean loadsa cr*p off
    your computer.. but use it with care !!.. untick everything
    to start with..as an experiment, check your temp internet
    folder properties, then empty it, then close the folder,
    and then do a property check..theres loads of hidden
    stuff left in there..`ccleaner will shift it all..J

    but your computer will rebuild them again..J

    old john, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Nowhere wrote:
    > I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found... Then scanned
    > explorer for all index.dat files. It found 4 lots of index. cookies. 2 Admin
    > cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All are 16kb or 32kb in
    > size.
    > Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings. Only I use the pc?

    The index files get recreated by Windose when you restart the system.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Nowhere

    Plato Guest

    Nowhere wrote:

    > I rebooted. Deleted all index files which Easycleaner found... Then scanned
    > explorer for all index.dat files. It found 4 lots of index. cookies. 2 Admin
    > cookies, Travelmate cookies and one in my name. All are 16kb or 32kb in
    > size.
    > Can I just delete these and do I need all these settings. Only I use the pc?

    Small ones are recreated on the reboot. No need to worry.

    Plato, Mar 9, 2005