    am a simple soul.

    Running XP Pro.

    Cheers in advance.

    nobody760, Nov 12, 2003

  2. On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:42:31 -0000, "nobody760" <>
    wrote:

    >Any Freeware out there to delete these annoying 'spyware' files?
    >
    >The ones I have investigated seem quite complicated - DOS and all that and I
    >am a simple soul.
    >
    >Running XP Pro.
    >
    >Cheers in advance.

    They are not spyware files..

    Gregory Parker, Nov 12, 2003

  3. nobody760

    Graham Guest

    nobody760 wrote:

    > Any Freeware out there to delete these annoying 'spyware' files?
    >
    > The ones I have investigated seem quite complicated - DOS and all that and I
    > am a simple soul.
    >
    > Running XP Pro.
    >
    > Cheers in advance.

    Lavasoft Ad-aware perhaps...

    http://www.lavasoft.de/

    Graham, Nov 12, 2003
  4. nobody760

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "nobody760" <> wrote in message
    > Any Freeware out there to delete these annoying 'spyware' files?
    >
    > The ones I have investigated seem quite complicated - DOS and all that and

    > am a simple soul.
    >
    > Running XP Pro.
    >
    > Cheers in advance.

    Look for one called Spider

    Craig Sutton, Nov 12, 2003
  5. nobody760

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <bosv9l$i2v$>, nobody760
    @NOSPAMhotmail.com says...
    > Any Freeware out there to delete these annoying 'spyware' files?
    >
    > The ones I have investigated seem quite complicated - DOS and all that and I
    > am a simple soul.
    >
    > Running XP Pro.
    >
    > Cheers in advance.

    Login as 'another' user (Administrator?). You'll then be able to delete
    'your' .dat files.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Nov 12, 2003
  6. nobody760

    Peter Guest

    nobody760 wrote:
    > Any Freeware out there to delete these annoying 'spyware' files?
    >
    > The ones I have investigated seem quite complicated - DOS and all that and
    > I am a simple soul.

    There's some more info on Windows index.dat files here ...
    http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com/content/ms-hidden-files.shtml

    Peter

    Peter, Nov 12, 2003
  7. nobody760

    dOTdASH Guest

    "nobody760" <> wrote in message
    > Any Freeware out there to delete these annoying 'spyware' files?
    >
    > The ones I have investigated seem quite complicated - DOS and all that and

    > am a simple soul.
    >
    > Running XP Pro.
    >
    > Cheers in advance.

    For the record index.dat isn't 'spyware', it's a cache. From my experience,
    also using Windows XP, you can clean it out by going into Tools/Internet
    Options (in IE) and clicking "Delete Files", "Delete Cookies" and "Clear
    History". I've used Windows Washer with previous versions of Windows but
    Windows XP doesn't seem to need it.

    dOTdASH, Nov 12, 2003