Independence Day Photo

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jul 29, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jul 29, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    DanP Guest

    On Jul 29, 2:48 am, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Today is the Independence Day in Peru, and in this opportunity I took this
    > photo:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    I cannot see it clear, is it the Canadian flag?

    DanP

    DanP, Jul 29, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    bugbear wrote:

    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > Today is the Independence Day in Peru, and in this opportunity I
    > > took this photo:
    > >
    > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
    > >
    > > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > The sky is washed out, the background is cluttered,
    > the flag is too central, there's little context
    > to make this "Independence Day" as opposed to any-old-day,
    > and the draping of the flag looks static and dull.
    >
    > BugBear

    You could have saved all that and just said it was awful. However, for
    the sake of being constructive... you were spot on... plus it's awful.
    :eek:)

    MC

    MC, Jul 29, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Peru

    --
    Bertrand

    Ofnuts, Jul 29, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    DanP Guest

    On Jul 29, 11:34 am, Ofnuts <> wrote:
    > On 29/07/2010 11:08, DanP wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 29, 2:48 am, "mmyvusenet"<>  wrote:
    > >> Hello:

    > >> Today is the Independence Day in Peru, and in this opportunity I took this
    > >> photo:

    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/

    > >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > >> --
    > >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    > > I cannot see it clear, is it the Canadian flag?

    > > DanP

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Peru
    >
    > --
    > Bertrand

    Teasing, it is Peru independence day afterall.
    From that angle it looks the same as the Canadian one.

    DanP

    DanP, Jul 29, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 29/07/2010 13:36, bugbear wrote:
    > MC wrote:
    >> bugbear wrote:

    >>> The sky is washed out, the background is cluttered,
    >>> the flag is too central, there's little context
    >>> to make this "Independence Day" as opposed to any-old-day,
    >>> and the draping of the flag looks static and dull.
    >>>
    >>> BugBear

    >> You could have saved all that and just said it was awful. However, for
    >> the sake of being constructive... you were spot on... plus it's awful.

    > A keep hoping the OP will read the helpful, detailed
    > comments he's had over the year, and act on them.
    >
    > Hasn't happened yet - his photos are as bad as they
    > were st the start.

    Not really... one year ago, we also got pictures of that flag. The first
    one was appalling. Following suggestions here, it was re-shot and
    evolved into something much better. This year, this first shot is
    already better than last year's first (though not as good at last year's
    last).

    --
    Bertrand

    Ofnuts, Jul 29, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    MC Guest

    Ofnuts wrote:

    > On 29/07/2010 13:36, bugbear wrote:
    > > MC wrote:

    > > > You could have saved all that and just said it was awful.
    > > > However, for the sake of being constructive... you were spot
    > > > on... plus it's awful.

    > > A keep hoping the OP will read the helpful, detailed
    > > comments he's had over the year, and act on them.
    > >
    > > Hasn't happened yet - his photos are as bad as they
    > > were st the start.

    > Not really... one year ago, we also got pictures of that flag. The
    > first one was appalling. Following suggestions here, it was re-shot
    > and evolved into something much better. This year, this first shot is
    > already better than last year's first (though not as good at last
    > year's last).

    Which only shows he is pressing the shutter and hoping for the best.
    He certainly is not thinking before taking his photographs. He is
    neither taking care technically nor artistically and definately seems
    to ignore advice. He is just like any other snapper, taking hundreds
    of photos hoping one might just turn out good enough to put on his
    flickr page.

    MC

    MC, Jul 29, 2010
  8. On 2010-07-29, DanP wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 11:34?am, Ofnuts <> wrote:

    >> > I cannot see it clear, is it the Canadian flag?

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Peru

    > Teasing, it is Peru independence day afterall.
    > From that angle it looks the same as the Canadian one.

    Not really; the Canadian flag has a much wider, white centre
    section.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
    Author: =======================

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jul 29, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Ofnuts" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:4c51a4a4$0$17254$...
    > On 29/07/2010 13:36, bugbear wrote:
    >> MC wrote:

    >>> You could have saved all that and just said it was awful. However, for
    >>> the sake of being constructive... you were spot on... plus it's awful.

    >> A keep hoping the OP will read the helpful, detailed
    >> comments he's had over the year, and act on them.
    >>
    >> Hasn't happened yet - his photos are as bad as they
    >> were st the start.

    > Not really... one year ago, we also got pictures of that flag. The first
    > one was appalling. Following suggestions here, it was re-shot and evolved
    > into something much better. This year, this first shot is already better
    > than last year's first (though not as good at last year's last).
    >
    > --
    > Bertrand

    Hello, and It is my last photo in this opportunity:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4841039749/

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com