    I have looked everywhere I can think of... anyone know if it can be
    done and how?

    Thanks

    Gordy, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Gordy wrote:
    > Incredimail - Forwarding an email as an attachment?
    > I have looked everywhere I can think of... anyone know if it can be
    > done and how?

    other than saying "please god no, please don't use incredimail. for the
    love of god no."

    nah, no suggestion.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 17, 2005

  3. On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:01:48 +1300, Gordy <> wrote:

    >Incredimail - Forwarding an email as an attachment?
    >
    >I have looked everywhere I can think of... anyone know if it can be
    >done and how?
    >
    >Thanks

    Yes Zip the e-mail and send it as a an attachment.
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 17, 2005
  4. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Thanks... not sure if that will achieve what I want.

    Spam filtering at Orcon requires that email is forwarded as an
    attachment.

    Cheers

    Gordy, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Incredimail... Oh no... you are right... Wife's machine...

    Want to forward the Spam as attachment to Orcon for the filter.

    Cheers

    Gordy, Feb 17, 2005
  6. Gordy wrote:
    > Thanks... not sure if that will achieve what I want.

    > Spam filtering at Orcon requires that email is forwarded as an
    > attachment.

    open outlook express, AFAIK, Incredimail just sits on top of OE(using
    the same mail store) and adds more insecurities to the mix, but you
    should be able to do that.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 18, 2005
  7. Gordy wrote:
    > Incredimail... Oh no... you are right... Wife's machine...
    > Want to forward the Spam as attachment to Orcon for the filter.

    I was wondering why someone posting to usenet was using incredimail...
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 18, 2005
  8. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Use Pegasus myself.

    Gordy, Feb 18, 2005
  9. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Thanks for the info on OE... I am not familiar with all the
    relationships of the various applications.

    Requested help from Incredimail poeple late last night.

    My wife said they have replied already... (free-bee install)...
    which is pretty good.

    The version in use is one before the latest version.

    Incredimail have said that the latest version will forward emails as
    attachments. Great. Two options to try tonight.

    Gordy, Feb 18, 2005
  10. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Looks like my wife interpreted the Auto response from Incredimail as a
    solution. Looks like the latest version and the beta version does not
    have email forwarding as an attchment.

    I have set up OE so that it will capture the Spam for forwarding as an
    attchment to Orcon

    Gordy, Feb 18, 2005
  11. Gordy

    Thor Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:47:19 +1300, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > In article <>, Gordy
    > <> wrote:
    >>
    >>Incredimail - Forwarding an email as an attachment?
    >>
    >>I have looked everywhere I can think of... anyone know if it can be done
    >>and how?

    > As a receiver, I hate incredimail with a passion. Suggest others do too
    > ... and you should simply use something else :)
    >
    > Bruce

    I have to agree with you Bruce, it appeals to the people who like to
    foreward on socalled new jokes to all and sundry. To me they are just
    spam.
    Thor, Feb 20, 2005
  12. Gordy

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:50:04 +1300, Thor <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:47:19 +1300, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, Gordy
    >> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Incredimail - Forwarding an email as an attachment?
    >>>
    >>>I have looked everywhere I can think of... anyone know if it can be done
    >>>and how?

    >> As a receiver, I hate incredimail with a passion. Suggest others do too
    >> ... and you should simply use something else :)
    >>
    >> Bruce
    >>

    >I have to agree with you Bruce, it appeals to the people who like to
    >foreward on socalled new jokes to all and sundry. To me they are just
    >spam.

    Love it when someone thinks they're sending you this "hilarious" new picture...
    that you first saw about 10 years ago :-( I kill HTML & images with a
    Thunderbird plugin, no more Incredicrap sigs with those horrendous smileys.
    Invisible, Feb 20, 2005
  13. In article <>, Gordy <> wrote:

    >Incredimail - Forwarding an email as an attachment?
    >
    >I have looked everywhere I can think of... anyone know if it can be
    >done and how?

    As a receiver, I hate incredimail with a passion. Suggest others do too ...
    and you should simply use something else :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 20, 2005
  14. Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > Well that's 4 against (including Dave). Does anyone actually like it ? :)

    my mums friends seem to(all female), as do a few friends of mine(also
    all female)... thankfully my mum knows better than to install it.

    maybe its a chick thing? :)

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    big test - dave.net.nz, Feb 20, 2005

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 20, 2005
  16. Gordy

    KewlKiwi Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <>, Invisible <> wrote:

    >>>I have to agree with you Bruce, it appeals to the people who like to
    >>>foreward on socalled new jokes to all and sundry. To me they are just
    >>>spam.

    >>Love it when someone thinks they're sending you this "hilarious" new picture...
    >>that you first saw about 10 years ago :-( I kill HTML & images with a
    >>Thunderbird plugin, no more Incredicrap sigs with those horrendous smileys.

    > Well that's 4 against (including Dave). Does anyone actually like it ? :)

    Count me in the 'hate it' group!

    Bob
    KewlKiwi, Feb 21, 2005
  17. Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >>>Well that's 4 against (including Dave). Does anyone actually like it ? :)

    >>maybe its a chick thing? :)

    > Hmm ... that might explain it .. if my dad hadn't gone through a phase of
    > thinking it was kewl.

    your dad... how old is he?
    /kidding :)

    > Maybe it's a 'puter newbie thing ?? - they just don't know any better ? :)

    that may also explain the number of animated gifs on the net... people
    who think they're "amazing"
    Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 21, 2005
  18. On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:27:10 +1300, Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>>maybe its a chick thing? :)

    >> Hmm ... that might explain it .. if my dad hadn't gone through a phase of
    >> thinking it was kewl.

    > your dad... how old is he?
    > /kidding :)
    >
    >> Maybe it's a 'puter newbie thing ?? - they just don't know any better ? :)

    > that may also explain the number of animated gifs on the net... people
    > who think they're "amazing"

    err.. the animated gif of bart simpson mooning is *amazing* :p

    Shane (aka froggy), Feb 21, 2005

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 21, 2005
  20. In article <>, "Dave - dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >>>maybe its a chick thing? :)

    >> Hmm ... that might explain it .. if my dad hadn't gone through a phase of
    >> thinking it was kewl.

    >your dad... how old is he?
    >/kidding :)

    ... hmmm ... reminds me of an add :)

    >> Maybe it's a 'puter newbie thing ?? - they just don't know any better ? :)

    >that may also explain the number of animated gifs on the net... people
    >who think they're "amazing"

    Indeed it might. I wonder if they are the same people that email
    attachments with no subject or description of what's in it in the body of
    the message ? Sounds likely :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 21, 2005