    Outpost firewall blocked an outgoing call from my email program
    PocoMail to Incredimail. Just wondering why that would be
    attempted. I have never used incredimal ( I can't even spell it)

    Dunc, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Dunc

    °Mike° Guest

    Please be a bit more vague.

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:36:54 GMT, in
    <>
    Dunc scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Dunc

    Dunc Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:02:19 +0000, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >Please be a bit more vague.
    >

    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:36:54 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Dunc scrawled:
    >
    >>Outpost firewall blocked an outgoing call from my email program
    >>PocoMail to Incredimail. Just wondering why that would be
    >>attempted. I have never used incredimal ( I can't even spell it)

    Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
    try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
    in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
    my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.

    Help any? :}

    Dunc, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Dunc

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
    <>
    Dunc scrawled:

    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:02:19 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Please be a bit more vague.

    <snip>

    >Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
    >try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
    >in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
    >my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
    >
    >Help any? :}

    Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
    from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
    message that you got?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2004
  5. Dunc

    Dunc Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 +0000, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Dunc scrawled:
    >
    >>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:02:19 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Please be a bit more vague.

    ><snip>
    >
    >>Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
    >>try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
    >>in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
    >>my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
    >>
    >>Help any? :}

    >Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
    >from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
    >message that you got?

    There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
    I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

    Dunc, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Dunc

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Lady Chatterly, <> wrote:

    > I don't like to pick on the intellectually handicapped .

    Why don't you like to pick on the intellectually handicapped?

    --
    Solve the food crisis and the homeless pet problem.
    Eat a dog today!

    Aquila Deus, Nov 11, 2004
  7. In article <> Dunc <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 0000, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> Dunc scrawled:

    >><snip>
    >>
    >>>Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
    >>>try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
    >>>in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
    >>>my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
    >>>
    >>>Help any? :}

    >>Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
    >>from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
    >>message that you got?

    >There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
    >I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

    I don't like to pick on the intellectually handicapped ...

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Wow, OMH/Lord Cruel Angel, the bot could be one of your obsessed
    pathetics! She insults you and *still* gets things wrong! *snrk* I'm
    sure you know that you and Lady Chatterly" go back to her debut on
    USENET. According to Google, you are both the first person on USENET
    to respond to this particular bot and the first person to figure out
    that "she" was a bot: That was on June 8, 2004, only one day after
    "Lady Chatterly" started posting: I suspect figuring out that "she"
    was a bot got your "relationship" with her off on the wrong foot!
    LOL! At least "she" has gotten much better! That's enough of
    documenting an odd moment in USENET history!" -- Pinku Sensei

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 11, 2004
  8. Dunc

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:22:44 GMT, in
    <>
    Dunc scrawled:

    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> Dunc scrawled:

    >><snip>
    >>
    >>>Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
    >>>try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
    >>>in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
    >>>my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
    >>>
    >>>Help any? :}

    >>Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
    >>from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
    >>message that you got?

    >There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
    >I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

    Outpost keeps a log. I still think that you are not grasping
    the fact that Outpost does NOT block outgoing traffic from
    one email client to another email client.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2004
  9. Dunc

    Dunc Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:57:43 +0000, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:22:44 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Dunc scrawled:
    >
    >>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
    >>> <>
    >>> Dunc scrawled:

    >>><snip>

    >>>Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
    >>>from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
    >>>message that you got?

    >>There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
    >>I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

    >Outpost keeps a log. I still think that you are not grasping
    >the fact that Outpost does NOT block outgoing traffic from
    >one email client to another email client.

    Mike - I accept that. I quess my vague query had to do with why my
    email program wanted to have an outgoing connection with another email
    program. Is this a normal procedure that I have only seen since
    updating outpost to 2.5? The log gets deleted daily and this
    happened yesterday.

    Dunc, Nov 12, 2004
  10. Dunc

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:30:37 GMT, in
    <>
    Dunc scrawled:

    >On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:57:43 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:

    <snip>

    >>Outpost keeps a log. I still think that you are not grasping
    >>the fact that Outpost does NOT block outgoing traffic from
    >>one email client to another email client.

    >Mike - I accept that. I quess my vague query had to do with why my
    >email program wanted to have an outgoing connection with another email
    >program.

    I get the impression that you are confused over the message
    that you got. What you are claiming just does not happen.
    Requesting an outgoing connection, yes, but NOT to another
    EMAIL CLIENT.

    >Is this a normal procedure that I have only seen since
    >updating outpost to 2.5?

    No, see above.

    >The log gets deleted daily and this happened yesterday.

    I think that what you saw was not what you think you saw.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2004
  11. Dunc

    Dunc Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:58:07 +0000, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:30:37 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Dunc scrawled:
    >
    >>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:57:43 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >>wrote:

    ><snip>
    >
    >>>Outpost keeps a log. I still think that you are not grasping
    >>>the fact that Outpost does NOT block outgoing traffic from
    >>>one email client to another email client.

    >>Mike - I accept that. I quess my vague query had to do with why my
    >>email program wanted to have an outgoing connection with another email
    >>program.

    >I get the impression that you are confused over the message
    >that you got. What you are claiming just does not happen.
    >Requesting an outgoing connection, yes, but NOT to another
    >EMAIL CLIENT.
    >
    >>Is this a normal procedure that I have only seen since
    >>updating outpost to 2.5?

    >No, see above.
    >
    >>The log gets deleted daily and this happened yesterday.

    >I think that what you saw was not what you think you saw.

    You may well be right, MIke. The reason for my query was the
    dailogue box that I saw that said the PocoMail requesting an outbound
    connection to Incredimail. And I know that it cannot happen.
    That's why I asked. Go figure.

    Dunc, Nov 12, 2004
  12. Dunc

    Dunc Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:03:13 GMT, Dunc <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:58:07 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:30:37 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> Dunc scrawled:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:57:43 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >>>wrote:

    >><snip>

    >>>Mike - I accept that. I quess my vague query had to do with why my
    >>>email program wanted to have an outgoing connection with another email
    >>>program.

    >>I get the impression that you are confused over the message
    >>that you got. What you are claiming just does not happen.
    >>Requesting an outgoing connection, yes, but NOT to another
    >>EMAIL CLIENT.
    >>
    >>>Is this a normal procedure that I have only seen since
    >>>updating outpost to 2.5?

    >>No, see above.
    >>
    >>>The log gets deleted daily and this happened yesterday.

    >>I think that what you saw was not what you think you saw.

    >You may well be right, MIke. The reason for my query was the
    >dailogue box that I saw that said the PocoMail requesting an outbound
    >connection to Incredimail. And I know that it cannot happen.
    >That's why I asked. Go figure.

    And beer didn't flow until later. :}

    Dunc, Nov 12, 2004
  13. Dunc

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:03:13 GMT, in
    <>
    Dunc scrawled:

    >On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:58:07 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:

    <snip>

    >>I think that what you saw was not what you think you saw.

    >You may well be right, MIke. The reason for my query was the
    >dailogue box that I saw that said the PocoMail requesting an outbound
    >connection to Incredimail. And I know that it cannot happen.
    >That's why I asked. Go figure.

    The main thing is that Outpost did it's job. You might
    like to increase the amount of time before the log gets
    erased.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2004
  14. Dunc

    Dunc Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:07:21 +0000, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:03:13 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Dunc scrawled:
    >
    >>On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:58:07 +0000, °Mike° <>
    >>wrote:

    ><snip>
    >
    >>>I think that what you saw was not what you think you saw.

    >>You may well be right, MIke. The reason for my query was the
    >>dailogue box that I saw that said the PocoMail requesting an outbound
    >>connection to Incredimail. And I know that it cannot happen.
    >>That's why I asked. Go figure.

    >The main thing is that Outpost did it's job. You might
    >like to increase the amount of time before the log gets
    >erased.

    Thanks for your time, Mike. And I will increase the time. Never
    really wanted it before this.

    Dunc, Nov 12, 2004
  15. Dunc

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:21:03 GMT, in
    <>
    Dunc scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Thanks for your time, Mike. And I will increase the time. Never
    >really wanted it before this.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2004
  16. Howdy!

    "Dunc" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 +0000, °Mike° <>
    > wrote:

    > >Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing

    connection
    > >from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
    > >message that you got?

    > There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
    > I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

    Incredimail? Or Incredimail.COM ?

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 12, 2004