    instead of cropping the widescreen down.

    Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

    , Mar 16, 2005

  2. Jay G. Guest

    On 15 Mar 2005 16:51:53 -0800, wrote:

    > Did Pixar do with the fullscreen version of the Incredibles what they
    > did with the fullscreen of Finding Nemo? That is, the fullscreen
    > actually had more picture in it because they took the widescreen
    > version and re-rendered it so the picture took up the full frame
    > instead of cropping the widescreen down.
    >
    > Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

    Even if they did, it wouldn't be better. It's just like open-matte
    transfers, just because there's *more* doesn't mean it's *better*. The best
    way to see it is in the aspect ratio the director originally intended you
    to see it in.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Mar 16, 2005

  3. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    > Did Pixar do with the fullscreen version of the Incredibles what they
    > did with the fullscreen of Finding Nemo? That is, the fullscreen
    > actually had more picture in it because they took the widescreen
    > version and re-rendered it so the picture took up the full frame
    > instead of cropping the widescreen down.

    When Pixar re-renders their films for fullscreen, they aren't offering
    *more* picture. They just move the elements of the picture around to
    accomodate the different framing. You're getting the same content
    either way.

    > Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

    Doubtful.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Mar 16, 2005
  4. Biz Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Did Pixar do with the fullscreen version of the Incredibles what they
    > did with the fullscreen of Finding Nemo? That is, the fullscreen
    > actually had more picture in it because they took the widescreen
    > version and re-rendered it so the picture took up the full frame
    > instead of cropping the widescreen down.
    >
    > Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

    If it wasnt fullscreen in the theater, than it isnt better no matter what
    they did to it.

    Biz, Mar 16, 2005
  5. Guest

    wrote: Even if they did, it wouldn't be better. It's just like
    open-matte transfers, just because there's *more* doesn't mean it's
    *better*. The best way to see it is in the aspect ratio the director
    originally intended you to see it in.

    Like the circular "aspect ratio" on some shows on my WB and Fox tv
    stations.

    "aspect ratio" used for lack of a better term for a circle-shaped
    picture

    , Mar 16, 2005
  6. Guest

    >Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

    You're a gullible fool.

    , Mar 16, 2005
  7. Kevin Guest

    wrote:
    > Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

    Even if it was, it would look awful in my widescreen-aspect theatre room.
    There'd be black bars on the sides.

    Kevin, Mar 18, 2005