    show how the document prints (bold type, font etc). I am running an
    nVidia FX560 video card, XPP SP2. Will this occur on the new monitor
    and if so is there a way to correct this?
    Edge, Oct 30, 2007

  2. Edge

    sandy58 Guest

    On Oct 30, 3:00 pm, Edge <> wrote:
    > I am planning to upgrade to a 20 " or higher LCD with a 1600x1200
    > res, .255 dot pitch or 1680 x 1050 res, .276 dot pitch for both CAD
    > and office work. This would be the native resolution for each monitor.
    > On my current old Viewsonic CRT 17PS monitor with 1280 x1024 res
    > there is problem when I have increase the text size in Windows to
    > large (120 dpi), it does not display WYSIWYG (what you see is what
    > you get). The fonts do not display properly in a Word document to
    > show how the document prints (bold type, font etc). I am running an
    > nVidia FX560 video card, XPP SP2. Will this occur on the new monitor
    > and if so is there a way to correct this?

    For Windows font:
    Start>Control panel>Display>Appearance>Advanced>(dropdown & choose
    font & size)
    Winword has it's own font settings.
    sandy58, Oct 31, 2007

  3. Just set the new monitor to a lower resolution, or view your Word documents
    at a higher zoom level. Try a 125% Zoom and see what happens.

    But if you down-sample the resolution on your monitor, the text size will
    grow. Or, if you zoom in on a document page, the text size will grow.

    Jeff Strickland, Oct 31, 2007