    Messages:
    1
    how do i increase the speed of cpu fan? ,because my cpu is over heating.
    thharold, Jun 20, 2009

  2. thharold

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    This is not really possible unless you use a second fan whit a speed controler. The cpu fan is control by the Motherboard and most are 12v fan Increasing voltage would damage hardware. You can look in the BIOS and see if there are any setting to raise the speed. Probably the fan is now to old and it should be replace.

    But Before, you can always put a new coat of thermal grease between the CPU and the heatsink and clean the heat sink. and see if there is any result.
    technoplume, Sep 10, 2009

  3. thharold

    Arthur

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,
    I think its not fan problem I hav a suggestion u need to discuss with ur vendor he will fix your cpu prob.

    Regards
    Arthur (AXVOICE dot COM)
    Arthur, Sep 11, 2009
  4. thharold

    nimd4

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    1. Usually stock fans do perform better than upgrades (so replacement might not be necessary, unless the fan is broken :))...
    2. Maybe just the thermal paste is worn-out.
    nimd4, Sep 12, 2009