    I am using a Linksys SPA 3102 - what do I need to tweak please? This is for
    calls going out through to VOIP gateway via VoipDiscount.

    Thanx
    Port Admiral Haynes, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    > During a call the person at the other end says my voice is very quiet
    > and I have to speak quite loudly for them to be able to hear me
    > clearly. Their voice is perfect at my end.
    >
    > I am using a Linksys SPA 3102 - what do I need to tweak please? This
    > is for calls going out through to VOIP gateway via VoipDiscount.
    >
    > Thanx

    What codec are you using, I find that a couple of the higher compressed
    codecs end up with lower audio, as bandwidth hasn't been a problem for
    me, I have my ATA set to only use G711a only.

    The ATA in the regional setting has an FXS Port Input Gain setting and
    an FXS Port Output Gain setting, probably set to 0, you could try
    setting the right one to 1 or 2.

    I use a PAP2, the settings should be similar on your device.

    Win Amazon Vouchers:
    http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 20, 2007

  3. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
    >> During a call the person at the other end says my voice is very quiet
    >> and I have to speak quite loudly for them to be able to hear me
    >> clearly. Their voice is perfect at my end.
    >>
    >> I am using a Linksys SPA 3102 - what do I need to tweak please? This
    >> is for calls going out through to VOIP gateway via VoipDiscount.
    >>
    >> Thanx

    > What codec are you using, I find that a couple of the higher compressed
    > codecs end up with lower audio, as bandwidth hasn't been a problem for me,
    > I have my ATA set to only use G711a only.
    >
    > The ATA in the regional setting has an FXS Port Input Gain setting and an
    > FXS Port Output Gain setting, probably set to 0, you could try setting the
    > right one to 1 or 2.
    >
    > I use a PAP2, the settings should be similar on your device.
    >
    > --
    > 60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    > Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
    > Win Amazon Vouchers:
    > http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477

    The preferred codec is set to G711u

    The FXS Port Output Gain is set to 0 - I will try an increase to 2

    Many thanx
    Port Admiral Haynes, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Port Admiral Haynes

    Peter Watson Guest

    In article <4628b418$0$19249$>,
    says...

    > The preferred codec is set to G711u
    >
    > The FXS Port Output Gain is set to 0 - I will try an increase to 2
    >
    > Many thanx

    You haven't said how the call is routed that has the volume problem. If
    the call was originated by you and is via your voip provider then you
    need to adjust the FXS input gain (not output, that affects the volume
    of the caller to you)

    If the volume problem is on a PSTN call the both the FXS and FXO volume
    adjustments need to be set. Get the FXS settings right first (using a
    voip call) as this lines up the SPA input for your handset and then get
    the FXO settings right for the PSTN line.

    I've been juggling my settings for my SPA3000 and am all sorts of
    problems balancing volume against echo performance.

    Best of luck!

    Peter
    Peter Watson, Apr 20, 2007
  5. "Peter Watson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4628b418$0$19249$>,
    > says...
    >

    >> The preferred codec is set to G711u
    >>
    >> The FXS Port Output Gain is set to 0 - I will try an increase to 2
    >>
    >> Many thanx
    >>

    > You haven't said how the call is routed that has the volume problem. If
    > the call was originated by you and is via your voip provider then you
    > need to adjust the FXS input gain (not output, that affects the volume
    > of the caller to you)
    >
    > If the volume problem is on a PSTN call the both the FXS and FXO volume
    > adjustments need to be set. Get the FXS settings right first (using a
    > voip call) as this lines up the SPA input for your handset and then get
    > the FXO settings right for the PSTN line.
    >
    > I've been juggling my settings for my SPA3000 and am all sorts of
    > problems balancing volume against echo performance.
    >
    > Best of luck!
    >
    > Peter

    The call is originated by me and is via my VOIP provider - I will have a
    tweak as you suggest - thanx
    Port Admiral Haynes, Apr 20, 2007
  6. Port Admiral Haynes

    Tim Guest

    Peter Watson wrote:
    > You haven't said how the call is routed that has the volume problem. If
    > the call was originated by you and is via your voip provider then you
    > need to adjust the FXS input gain (not output, that affects the volume
    > of the caller to you)

    It is also important to check that the impedance values are set correctly.

    Tim
    Tim, Apr 20, 2007