    --
    Terry
    Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.

    Terry, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Terry

    jpc Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:55:28 -0500, "Terry"
    <> wrote:

    >I want to have a photo I took printed on canvas and blown up to 16" X 20".
    >Of course I would like to have the best picture quality possible. I
    >contacted the folks at http://www.fotogiftsxl.com/ (aka Bignose.com) and
    >they told me I could submit a tif file, but they do not increase resolution.
    >If I want I should do this myself. I can increase pixels by interpolation
    >using Photoshop 5 or Irfanview (110% at a time, I am told).
    >
    >Should I do this and if so to what level? I will start with a 5MP image.
    >Thanks to anyone who has experience/knowledge with this. I have received
    >excellent advice from this NG before. Hoping for more.

    Anything printed on canvas isn't going to be sharp. I'd go with the
    the 5 MP image which has far more detail than you'd ever see printed
    on cloth.

    jpc, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Terry

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Terry

    Skee Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:50:04 -0600, jpc <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:55:28 -0500, "Terry"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I want to have a photo I took printed on canvas and blown up to 16" X 20".
    >>Of course I would like to have the best picture quality possible. I
    >>contacted the folks at http://www.fotogiftsxl.com/ (aka Bignose.com) and
    >>they told me I could submit a tif file, but they do not increase resolution.
    >>If I want I should do this myself. I can increase pixels by interpolation
    >>using Photoshop 5 or Irfanview (110% at a time, I am told).
    >>
    >>Should I do this and if so to what level? I will start with a 5MP image.
    >>Thanks to anyone who has experience/knowledge with this. I have received
    >>excellent advice from this NG before. Hoping for more.

    >Anything printed on canvas isn't going to be sharp. I'd go with the
    >the 5 MP image which has far more detail than you'd ever see printed
    >on cloth.

    That's probably true, and especially when you consider "normal"
    viewing distance from the 16 X 20 print, whatever it is. You might
    want to print a small sample section at this enlargement ratio to see
    what if any pixellation artifacts are visible--if it's seen to be a
    problem, then Photoshop's bicubic resampling algorithm should prove
    adequate, or you may wish to experiment with Genuine Fractal PrintPro
    or similar, since these "smart" resamplers can (with the proper image)
    provide an illusion of greater detail on large blow-ups.

    Skee, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Terry

    Guest

    Just wanted to say THANK YOU! for the referral to BigPhotoHelp.com

    I just got 12 large photos printed and they are super! Great quality,
    amazingly fast delivery and low prices compared to what I was paying!

    I'd never heard of them until I saw Arthur's post here before Xmas.

    Thanks!

    SCD

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:27:11 GMT, "Arthur Small"
    <> wrote:

    >Try http://bigphotohelp.com/ I have used Bignose and find this much better
    >in quality and price.

    , Jan 2, 2004