    Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
    my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!

    Any programs?

    Az, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Az

    Guest

    "Az" <> wrote in message
    news:n9W8e.6737$...
    > Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
    > my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
    >
    > Any programs?

    nope but broadband is no more difficalt to setup than your modem and for
    only 17 quid a month is well worth it

    , Apr 18, 2005

  3. Az wrote:
    > Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
    > my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
    >
    > Any programs?

    Plenty for sale. None that work.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Az

    philo Guest

    Az wrote:
    > Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
    > my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
    >
    > Any programs?

    if you have a 56k modem...there isn't anything you can do to speed up
    the connection...
    but there are apps to lower your graphics resolution...
    to get browser pages to load quicker...
    of course they won't look as good...

    as far as broadband is concerned...
    all you need is a $15 eithernet card
    (or even a USB connection)

    philo, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Az

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Az" <> wrote in message
    > Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
    > my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
    >
    > Any programs?

    http://www.programfiles.com/default.asp?LinkID=2211

    I used it on my BB connection too. It did make a difference in the speed as
    to how Web pages were being displayed on the screen. It should still work on
    any NT based O/S and the last time I used it was on Win 2K Pro a couple of
    years ago.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 18, 2005
  6. wrote:
    > "Az" <> wrote in message
    >> Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband
    >> connection as my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
    >>
    >> Any programs?
    >>

    > nope but broadband is no more difficalt to setup than your modem and
    > for only 17 quid a month is well worth it

    It's only £17pcm for 1GB per month usage - not enough for most (and
    everything counts, newsgroup posts, emails, webpages, the lot - it isn't
    just downloads). Are you really telling me you only download 34MB per day? I
    get through that in about 5 minutes!

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Apr 19, 2005
  7. Az

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2005
  8. Az

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:38:04 GMT, "Duane Arnold" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.programfiles.com/default.asp?LinkID=2211

    > Hell no. That's all I gotta say.

    Like I actually care as to what you have to say? ;-)

    I ran into opposition before about this so it's nothing new.

    I work with and write web applications and know when the screens are being
    displayed a little faster when things on the O/S have been configured to
    allow it.

    I put it out there knowing that some *clown* would rise-up. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 19, 2005
  9. Az

    Az Guest

    Tried the broadband thing and it doesnt work with my computer it just isnt
    compatible! Read my first post people, lol.

    I installed broadband once It deleted eerything and I had to reboot and
    start all over again so not doing that again!

    Az, Apr 19, 2005
  10. Az

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Az" <> wrote in message
    > Tried the broadband thing and it doesnt work with my computer it just isnt
    > compatible! Read my first post people, lol.

    What does BB have to do with your computer not working and BB is not
    compatible with the computer? lol

    > I installed broadband once It deleted eerything and I had to reboot and
    > start all over again so not doing that again!

    Is that right? You installed BB and it deleted everything -- that's a good
    one.

    Can you elaborate on this deletion that happened?

    What are you talking about?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 19, 2005
  11. Az

    Gordon Guest

    Az wrote:
    > Tried the broadband thing and it doesnt work with my computer it just isnt
    > compatible!

    Uh? I can't think of *ANY* computer that is "not compatible" with Broadband!

    > I installed broadband once It deleted eerything and I had to reboot and
    > start all over again so not doing that again!

    Wow! So connecting a modem or router formatted your HDD? Have you still
    got the packaging your computer came in?
    If so I suggest you pack it up and take it back to the vendor. Exchange
    it for a playstation.......

    Gordon, Apr 19, 2005
  12. Az

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:44:38 GMT, "Duane Arnold" <>
    wrote:

    >I ran into opposition before about this so it's nothing new.
    >
    >I work with and write web applications and know when the screens are being
    >displayed a little faster when things on the O/S have been configured to
    >allow it.
    >
    >I put it out there knowing that some *clown* would rise-up. ;-)

    WTF are you talking about?

    I'm guessing you're talking about the application. I cannot get it to
    download. The link I finally got after agreeing to receive spam even
    after I die (which was what I was talking about in my original
    message), directs me to http://www.peerq.com/Intelli252.zip .
    peerq.com has not answered port 80 requests since last night.

    I'm guessing however all this program does is modify your MTU's and
    other connection options.

    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2005
  13. Az

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:40:52 GMT, "Az" <>
    wrote:

    >Tried the broadband thing and it doesnt work with my computer it just isnt
    >compatible! Read my first post people, lol.

    How can broadband not be compatible with your computer? Unless maybe
    you have a 286....

    >I installed broadband once

    First, you generally don't 'install broadband'. unless that ISP
    requires you to install THEIR software. I simply use the windows PPPOE
    connect, part of Windows.

    >It deleted eerything

    It formatted your hard drive?

    >and I had to reboot

    Imagine having to reboot...

    >and start all over again so not doing that again!

    I'm guessing user error...

    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2005
  14. Az

    Az Guest

    Well I installed broadband with my local supplier and once installed I dont
    know why but it just never turned on again, Luckily this time I have the
    recovery disk but I spent a pretty penny to get it back to normal and sooo
    dont want the hassle of it again hence me wanting to find out about speeding
    up my dial up minus the broadband!

    Well once after installing the computer went into a loop of constantly
    restarting and never loading windows up!

    Az, Apr 19, 2005
  15. Az

    Az Guest

    Well I have a medion computer with a pentium and I thought it should work
    but Ive been told my particular model of computer doesnt actually take
    broadband and if it does then reformats everything!

    I used my guarantee and actually had to have a fight with the horrid guy who
    sold me the thing telling me that I had reformatted it!

    Az, Apr 19, 2005
  16. Az

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:59:02 GMT, "Az" <>
    wrote:

    >Well I have a medion computer with a pentium and I thought it should work
    >but Ive been told my particular model of computer doesnt actually take
    >broadband and if it does then reformats everything!

    B.S.

    There's no broadband that's incompatible to the point of 'reformatting
    everything'.

    Evan Platt, Apr 19, 2005
  17. Az

    Duane Arnold Guest

    WTF, you moron do I have to give you your bottle and change your damn Pamper
    for you too?

    It's just a link you *clown*. If you're not happy with the fucking link,
    then Google for the *bitch* and find one that's going to make you happy.

    And WTF do you expect when something is free or have you never tried
    anything like this before little one? Maybe, you can fix your own bottle
    and change your own Pamper too.

    You're pretty stupid!

    Ol'lay

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 19, 2005
  18. Az

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Az" <> wrote in message
    > Well I installed broadband with my local supplier and once installed I
    > dont know why but it just never turned on again,

    Why did you not call the ISP's Tech Support and have a technician come out
    and reslove your issues with your BB connection?

    > Luckily this time I have the recovery disk but I spent a pretty penny to
    > get it back to normal and sooo dont want the hassle of it again hence me
    > wanting to find out about speeding up my dial up minus the broadband!

    Not to be smart ass here but it sounds like someone took your money.

    That link I posted to you will speed-up how things are downloaded and
    displayed to you on the screen when surfing the Internet. It will not speed
    up the connection per say. If you want to speed up the connection, then you
    have to get a modem that's going to do it for you.

    And that's either a BB of DSL connection and modem. You could possibly get a
    faster dial-up modem too that could help. Do you even know at what buad rate
    speed the dial-up modem is connecting with to the ISP? Maybe, you can set
    the modem to a higher buad rate and speed the connection up if the ISP will
    allow you to connect at a higher buad rate.

    > Well once after installing the computer went into a loop of constantly
    > restarting and never loading windows up!

    You can blame it on software that was installed possibly and that does and
    can happen with a new install of software on the computer. But BB in general
    had nothing to do with the problem. You should have gotten some help there
    from someone.

    The bottom line is you need to figure things out and not start running to
    the hills when things don't go right or have someone do it for you.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 19, 2005
  19. Az

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Az" <> wrote in message
    > Well I have a medion computer with a pentium and I thought it should work
    > but Ive been told my particular model of computer doesnt actually take
    > broadband and if it does then reformats everything!

    I need some money in my pockets. I have some swap land in Mississippi I need
    to sale.

    You'll be the first on my list. ;-)

    > I used my guarantee and actually had to have a fight with the horrid guy
    > who sold me the thing telling me that I had reformatted it!

    It's a shame that you have been caught up in something like that.

    What happens when you take your car in to have it repaired and all it needed
    was a U-joint?

    Do you come out with a new transmission?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 20, 2005
  20. Az

    Barney Guest

    "Az" <> had
    writtennews:n9W8e.6737$:

    > Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband
    > connection as my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
    >
    > Any programs?

    ADSL or Cable is a differance in the type of modem used. Software can
    be an option by the server. Modems for dialup matured from 28 to 56
    kbps but unfortunatly the very nature of a telephone line will not
    allow any faster modem. Hence ADSL. Some servers attempt to rent an
    accelerator program for dialup but it causes more problems then you
    have with 56 kbps. Whatever "broadband" you attempted, it in itself
    was not the cause of your problem. When you say "broadband" what is
    it you are actualy referring to?

    --
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

    Barney, Apr 20, 2005