    formatted or anything.(Unallocated)
    Any assistance appreciated.
    Ross
    ross, Nov 18, 2004

  2. ross

    PJB Guest

    "ross" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've just reinstalled XP Pro with SP2 and find my Drive letter is "F",
    > not "C". I tried comp management but it says it cant change the letter
    > of the boot drive. Is there a way around this please.
    > Only 1 Hard-drive partitioned into 2x40G partitions. Second one not
    > formatted or anything.(Unallocated)
    > Any assistance appreciated.
    > Ross

    do you have a multi-format memory card reader fitted? If so, disconnect it,
    re-install XP, and it will come up as drive C. The reconnect card reader.

    P.
    PJB, Nov 18, 2004

  3. ross

    Livewire Guest

    In article <>, says...

    > "ross" <> wrote in message
    > > I've just reinstalled XP Pro with SP2 and find my Drive letter is "F",
    > > not "C". I tried comp management but it says it cant change the letter
    > > of the boot drive. Is there a way around this please.
    > > Only 1 Hard-drive partitioned into 2x40G partitions. Second one not
    > > formatted or anything.(Unallocated)
    > > Any assistance appreciated.
    > > Ross

    > do you have a multi-format memory card reader fitted? If so, disconnect it,
    > re-install XP, and it will come up as drive C. The reconnect card reader.
    >
    > P.

    Good Lord, that's a glitch that's going to catch a few people out. But,
    of course, we can be sure there's a Microsoft patch on its way sometime
    this decade to solve it.
    Livewire, Nov 18, 2004
  4. ross

    PJB Guest

    "Livewire" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, says...
    > >
    > > "ross" <> wrote in message
    > > > I've just reinstalled XP Pro with SP2 and find my Drive letter is "F",
    > > > not "C". I tried comp management but it says it cant change the letter
    > > > of the boot drive. Is there a way around this please.
    > > > Only 1 Hard-drive partitioned into 2x40G partitions. Second one not
    > > > formatted or anything.(Unallocated)
    > > > Any assistance appreciated.
    > > > Ross

    > > do you have a multi-format memory card reader fitted? If so, disconnect

    it,
    > > re-install XP, and it will come up as drive C. The reconnect card

    reader.

    > > P.
    > >

    > Good Lord, that's a glitch that's going to catch a few people out. But,
    > of course, we can be sure there's a Microsoft patch on its way sometime
    > this decade to solve it.

    A PC I built for a friend currently has the 1st HD as drive G, that's how I
    found it ;-)
    Bit annoying, to say the least.

    P.
    PJB, Nov 18, 2004