    connected to the network. The disconnect button is on the bottom. I have no
    connection to the network though and the wireless icon shows no service.

    Any ideas anyone?

    =?Utf-8?B?QXZpYXRvcg==?=, Dec 29, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QXZpYXRvcg==?=

    Lem Guest

    Aviator wrote:

    > I have a problem similar to Ad-Man's. I just bought an HP and right now I
    > can't get it to allow Windows to control the wireless network settings. I
    > have started all the underlying programs in the Services section but each
    > time I reboot they fail to re-load. When I start them manually and I can see
    > the available networks the one that I am trying to use will say "Not
    > Connected" on the top line but under that it will say that the computer is
    > connected to the network. The disconnect button is on the bottom. I have no
    > connection to the network though and the wireless icon shows no service.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone?

    Are you perhaps running both Windows WZC and a utility provided by the
    laptop mfr to manage the wireless NIC? See http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, Dec 29, 2006

  3. I have searched for a utility running but to no avail. Everytime I go and
    set the WZC to automatic after a reboot it is back in manual.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXZpYXRvcg==?=, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Hi
    I agree with Lem, in almost all cases it is some thing Wireless related that
    is loaded by the Laptop at StartUp that causes this.
    Finding what is loaded can be tricky since it would not necessarily include
    the word Wireless. It can be some thing that related to the Laptop's
    manufacturer, or the Wireless card Brand, or the Wireless card chipset, or
    just an arbitrary name.
    I usually use this two utilities to do the snooping.
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 29, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QXZpYXRvcg==?=

    lana Guest

    I have been having the same problem with the Belkin N-1 Router and
    cards. I have found that it tells me I am connected in Windows but the
    Belkin Client Utility says I am not when in truth the card is sending
    and the Router is not sending. So I have found that when you have the
    connected in windows check to see if your packets is sending and not
    receiving and then walk over to the router/ap and unplug it for a
    minute and then plug it back in. I immediately see the packets start
    running and the connecting in the Belkin CU shows connected. I have
    been having long discussions with Belkin over this issue. The worst
    part is that I might have two or three computers working on one router
    and the other computers are working just fine but the newest connection
    cannot get on. Try the re-booting the router and see what happens.

    lana, Dec 29, 2006