    procedure as above, the 'Wireless Networks' tab does not appear, only the
    'General' and 'Advanced' Tabs?

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?cGF0d2Fsc2g=?=, Nov 12, 2006

  2. You didn't go into all the details of your setup.

    Usually, either WZC controls or the installed software for the wireless
    card/adaptor controls. When the wireless card software controls, then the WZC
    control is disabled.

    Sounds like ~50% of the time, the wireless software does not fire up at
    bootup, so you have to go to WZC to set it up as new. That's my theory.

    I had trouble with the software of Linksys USB adaptor on one PC, working
    erratically, so I disabled it, and had WZC take over. But the software and
    adaptor worked fine on another PC. And I had the software working OK on yet
    another PC.

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtDaGlu?=, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Hi
    Make sure that the original Wireless Utility is not automatically loading at
    Startup and competes with Windows Zero Configuration.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 12, 2006
  4. Re: Inconsistent 'Use Windows To Configure My Wireless Network Set

    Jack:

    Seems to me that:

    - He got the Wireless utility configured to come up automatically at
    startup, WZC disabled.
    - The utility either does not come up ~50% of the time, or when it does, is
    stuck at "scanning" as in mine.
    - When the wireless utiltity does come up, is working, it overrides WZC. He
    can't use WZC as it's disabled, by design.
    - When it doesn't come up, it doesn't override WZC, he can use WZC, but he
    has to connect, since the wireless utility didn't do the connection.

    That's the best I can determine based on the described symtoms.

    In my case, I fixed it my turning off the wireless utility, and turned on WZC.

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtDaGlu?=, Nov 12, 2006