    Any wisdom?

    Thanks,
    jerome
    john, Oct 29, 2005

  2. john

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:23:35 GMT, "john" <> wrote:

    >Why do people post video clips and software
    >and then leave out on file so it can't be re-composed?
    >
    >Example:
    >
    >Winrar fails because
    >
    >add-wsop.r00
    >
    >Was not part of the download.
    >
    >I know I'm corrupt and evil..but this kinda crap
    >takes the cake.
    >
    >Any wisdom?

    So where are you downloading these files from?

    Ever thought perhaps it's on your end?

    Looks like you are using verizon.net for news - assuming you are
    downloading from newsgroups, I think I can say their newsfeed sucks.
    Evan Platt, Oct 29, 2005

  3. john

    john Guest

    LOL..yea..it's verizon...the group is:

    alt.binaries.cd.image

    Or sometimes it happens in movie groups too.

    I just found out what the yellow " I " is for in
    the NewsBin software..it means incomplete.

    What I can't understand is WHY are there
    37 files of a 38 file composition? Are the
    posting parties just being dicks?

    thanks,
    jerome

    john, Oct 29, 2005
  4. john

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 02:12:04 GMT, "john" <> wrote:

    >LOL..yea..it's verizon...the group is:
    >
    >alt.binaries.cd.image
    >
    >Or sometimes it happens in movie groups too.
    >
    >I just found out what the yellow " I " is for in
    >the NewsBin software..it means incomplete.
    >
    >What I can't understand is WHY are there
    >37 files of a 38 file composition? Are the
    >posting parties just being dicks?

    Reread what I said. Verizon (and in most part, most ISP's news
    servers) suck at retention and completion. It's not the poster, it's
    Verizon's news feed.
    Evan Platt, Oct 29, 2005
  5. john

    gangle Guest

    "john" wrote
    > LOL..yea..it's verizon...the group is:
    >
    > alt.binaries.cd.image
    >
    > Or sometimes it happens in movie groups too.
    >
    > I just found out what the yellow " I " is for in
    > the NewsBin software..it means incomplete.
    >
    > What I can't understand is WHY are there
    > 37 files of a 38 file composition? Are the
    > posting parties just being dicks?
    >
    > thanks,
    > jerome

    The Verizon news server sucks donkey butt.
    You want complete articles?
    Get a premium news service, the best
    being Giganews.
    http://www.giganews.com

    gangle, Oct 29, 2005
  6. john

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:48:43 -0700, "gangle" <>
    wrote:

    >The Verizon news server sucks donkey butt.
    >You want complete articles?
    >Get a premium news service, the best
    >being Giganews.
    >http://www.giganews.com

    Can you prove that or give sources for such a statement?
    Or give links other than giganews.com to back up such a bold
    assertion.
    joevan, Oct 29, 2005