    I have run AV and ASpy software and patched and checked and I can't
    find the problem.
    , Apr 28, 2006

  2. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am having trouble downloading files in IE6.. specifically, they all
    > freeze at 99% and then procede to time out. Furthermore, some images
    > on webpages are only partially displayed (like the top 15-20% or so).
    > I have run AV and ASpy software and patched and checked and I can't
    > find the problem.

    WHICH anti-virus program do you use? When downloading files, your
    anti-virus program will then interrogate them for infections and that
    takes time. The larger the download, the longer it takes to check. If
    the download never unfreezes at the end of the download then there is a
    problem with your anti-virus software. What happens when you disable
    the anti-virus program?

    Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
    Vanguard, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > I am having trouble downloading files in IE6.. specifically, they all
    > freeze at 99% and then procede to time out. Furthermore, some images
    > on webpages are only partially displayed (like the top 15-20% or so).

    Operating system? RAM? Available disk space? Temporary internet file
    location & space in? IE/ Tools/ Options/ General/ Temporary/ Settings ?
    Last defrag?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Guest

    I don't know what the problem was .. Something to do with Windows
    Defender ( or possible panda, adaware, norton, or CA AV softwares) or
    something.. however... "sfc /scannow" fixed it. Thanks anyways
    everyone.
    , Apr 28, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > I am having trouble downloading files in IE6.. specifically, they all
    > freeze at 99% and then procede to time out. Furthermore, some images
    > on webpages are only partially displayed (like the top 15-20% or so).
    > I have run AV and ASpy software and patched and checked and I can't
    > find the problem.

    Try another browser, a modern (secure) one. Opera has a very good
    download manager built-in.

    http://www.opera.com/

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 28, 2006
  6. Plato Guest

    Vanguard wrote:

    > WHICH anti-virus program do you use? When downloading files, your
    > anti-virus program will then interrogate them for infections and that
    > takes time. The larger the download, the longer it takes to check. If
    > the download never unfreezes at the end of the download then there is a
    > problem with your anti-virus software. What happens when you disable
    > the anti-virus program?

    Ditto.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 29, 2006
  7. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I am having trouble downloading files in IE6.. specifically, they all
    > freeze at 99% and then procede to time out. Furthermore, some images
    > on webpages are only partially displayed (like the top 15-20% or so).
    > I have run AV and ASpy software and patched and checked and I can't
    > find the problem.

    Often caused by running anti-virus apps that incorrectly id safe files
    as virus files.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 29, 2006